It’s likely that your email inbox is flooded with updates about the COVID-19 pandemic. This can be overwhelming for anyone. It is particularly troublesome for cancer patients. Although what we know about this disease is rapidly changing, we do know that people who are immunocompromised are at a higher risk.
We know you rely on us for medically accurate and up-to-date information. CCF is here to help you navigate through this difficult time! We have been reviewing hundreds of sources to bring you the most relevant information regarding COVID-19 and cancer. We are very cognizant that the dangers of this outbreak are not just physical. It is important to protect ourselves from anxiety and depression that can be caused by fear, uncertainty, and social isolation. Therefore, we will be sending select periodic videos, links to other websites, and up-to-date medical and scientific information to help address the specific physical, mental, and emotional needs of our community.
We have compiled a curated list of resources that might be helpful to you. We encourage you to reach out to us and each other frequently.
The National Cancer Institute offers recommendations for cancer patients.
We encourage you to:
- Visit our online community via Facebook and other social media channels, which are a great source of support and information
- Follow guidelines from CDC and WHO for social distancing, handwashing, and other health precautions
- Know the symptoms of COVID-19 and follow guidelines for testing
- Make sure you have an adequate supply of medications and, if possible, an extended supply
- Find out and keep updated on coronavirus specific policy changes and safety instructions for the healthcare facilities where you get treatment or see your doctor
- If you are part of a clinical trial, contact your research team and follow their guidance
- Be prepared. Create a plan and know what to do if you or someone in your household gets sick
For cancer specific information:
We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you up to date on developments, especially those pertinent to the CCF community. Most importantly, on behalf of all of us at CCF, we hope that you stay well and wish you all the best in whatever lies ahead. Please be safe and, as always, don’t hesitate to be in touch.