1 year later…

Discussion Board Forums General Discussion 1 year later…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    duchess

I am so glad to hear that your Dad is still going strong one year after diagnosis. He will acts as an inspiration to my husband who was recently diagnosed. Your father has been Blessed many times over- to have extra time with his family & to have such a loving, supportive family. He must be really special to have raised such a wonderful young woman as yourself. it sounds that, like our family, you have decided to enjoy every day you have with him & to take time to mourn only after he is gone. God bless you, your Dad & all your family.

jaynus

I am so glad to hear that, I have been thinking about you lots lately. That update just made me cry buckets! He is an amazing person. He needs to just keep living and not let his sickness dictate his life which is exactly what he’s doing. Keep it up and please keep posting so I can see his progress

take care
    Janet

sistercorb

beautiful post thank you so much

elmoks

Jen, my mom was diagnosed 2 years ago and everyday since then I have said how thankful I am that we’ve had this time. It has MADE us take the time to take vacations, girl trips, slumber parties, etc. Yes CC is ugly and not fair! But, WOW have I made some amazing memories with my rockstar mom!!! My wish is that you are able to sit in the sun again this summer!!!

nancy246
    Spectator

Jen, Your dad sounds amazing and I can see how much love you have for him. You have made good of an awful situation. Your memories and love of family will continue to carry you through the days and years ahead. My prayers are with you.
    Nancy

katieloumatt

Jen,

What a lovely post. Thank You for giving us an insight into yours and your Dad’s world living with cc.

We had just 7 weeks from when my Dad was diagnosed until he died, nowhere near long enough. But then I’m sure we all must think that however, long or short.

Enjoy your precious time and celebrating your Dad’s 60th, what a celebration and milestone that will be.

{{{ Hugs}}}

Katie

32coupe
    Spectator

Jen,
    Thanks for your post. It was so well said. As others, I was moved as I read through it. It’s obvious that this cancer will not beat your Dad. It may yet take his life but he has already beaten it by his response.

Grace and Peace,
    bob

darla
    Spectator

Jen,
    I agree with Patti. It is a beautiful, uplifting post and I needed that today too. Thanks. :)
    Love & Hugs,
    Darla

tiapatty

Jen,

This is beautiful and I really needed something uplifting like this today, thanks for posting.

Patty

roma35

I read your post through tears because you sound as enamored and dedicated to your dad as I was. This cancer is brutal and heartless and takes such good people, but I know now(especially from this site) the extra 20 months we got with my dad, were a gift. We traveled, spent lots of time together as a family, my dad kept working because he loved his work, and we never talked about the “whys and what ifs”. I still cant help thinking sometimes about the last months/weeks/days/hours of his life, but I think about it less, and remember more the many years together, and the last good “healthy” times we had with my dad. CC has way of robbing family and friends of CC patients of so much, but never our memories, esp memories of people who were at one time alive and strong and full of life. Keep building lasting memories with your dad! You obviously realized the value of every moment spent with him on earth. He truly must be a wonderful man to have raised such a kind and loving daughter.
    xoxo
    Barbara

kathyb

Thank you, Jen, I loved reading about your dad. His attitude about God’s will and acceptance is what I strive for. To stay in that spot most of the time brings such peace.

I am was given 3-14 months (probably 12) and am now almost at 18 months. Symptom free at this time.

Kathy

gavin

Hi Jen,

Thank you for that. Your dad does indeed sound like such an amazing man and I am very happy to hear that he has been able to celebrate all the events that he has with his family. And yes, you are so right about celebrating these moments in life and being thankful for all of these moments as well.

My best wishes to you and your dad,

Gavin

andie
    Spectator

Dear Jen,

I read your post through my tears, as it reminds me so much of what I am also experiencing. Like you my Dad is my hero.

I’m so glad your Dad is still doing well and I’m sure he will be with you to celebrate his 60th and make many more precious memories. He is a truly amazing man and your are an amazing daughter.

Best wishes to you and all your family

All my love

Andrea

cherbourg
    Spectator

Jen!

I hope you will show your Daddy that post. He must be an amazing man to have raised such a daughter as you!

Keep us updated.

Hugs,
    Pam

lainy
    Spectator

Jen, so tell me, how could your Dad miss with the love from a daughter like you? Doesn’t surprise me at all that he is doing so well. ATTITUDE! You are so lucky to have such a loving family. Sending my best and wishing for things to continue as they are for all of you. I love hearing your wonderful story.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.