1 year

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    darla
    Spectator

Terry,

Thanks for sharing your day of rememberance. What a wonderful way to remember Wayne. I am sure it was comforting for both of you. I think you are doing really well. We will never forget our loved ones or “get over it” but time does have a way of helping us to heal and softening the pain. I am glad that the continued therapy is helping you get by. Take care Terry.

Love & Hugs,
    Darla

cherbourg
    Spectator

Terry,

What a perfectly lovely way to remember your beloved! The first year is so hard in trying to find a new “normal”. I think it says volumes about your progress in that you took the day off from work and made the day your own!

Wayne would be proud of the positive steps you are taking.

I’m sending hugs and tons of love….you ARE going to be ok!

Pam

nur1954
    Spectator

Terry – Glad to hear you made it through the day. The first year is so hard to bear, but you are doing so much better every day….that is obvious in your posts. I’m glad therapy is a positive thing for you. Keep it up because it is so important to find ways to help ourselves. Do what you need to do for you! – Nancy

lainy
    Spectator

Terry, you did beautifully and I know that Wayne was very proud of you and he certainly sees the love you have for him. I had a big picture made of Teddy and put it in the living room, but know what? I avoid looking at it as it also makes me cry, it is so life like. Everything will come around in due time, you are doing great and I think I would have taken off work as well. Keep on going Terry, you have come a long way. Hugs to you!

missingwayne
    Spectator

Yesterday was one year. I thought about going to work like everyday, because I only have 2 1/2 days to take off for the year, last year I started with fifty days. Then I thought it over, I need this day for myself, as well as,
    my daughter. I slept in, then Heather came over, we went to Hobby Lobby got some flowers, I also got some after Valentine wooden hearts, they say various things, love, forever, and I love you. I always get a few to use during the year. We stopped and got something to eat, then I went to see Wayne, I know his not there and I can close my eyes and see him. We put the new flowers on, it looked so peaceful. Then at 4:27 I held see picture in my hand and gave it a big kiss and cried. I love him so much and miss him very much. I really need him here, but that’s not meant to be. I’m still going to therapy one afternoon a week, I don’t know what I would do without it.

Terry

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘In Remembrance’ is closed to new topics and replies.