13 months – inhepatic pump

Discussion Board Forums Introductions! 13 months – inhepatic pump

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gavin

Hi Carol,

Welcome to the site although I am sorry that you have to be here. I can’t help you with your question regarding the inhepatic pump, but I wanted to join in with Lainy and Carol in wlecoming you here. I am sure that there are others who will have knowledge of this procedure and hopefully someone will be along soon that can help you.

It sounds like you have had some good results with this procedure and I hope this continues for you. Keep coming back here as you will get so much support and help from everyone here.

My best wishes to you,

Gavin

ashley
    Spectator

Hi Carol,
    I have heard of Dr. Jarnigan and Sloane with the intrahapetic pump for colon cancer that has spread to the liver ( my coworker is cancer FREE due to this innovative therapy (Sloan pump and surgery), in fact their website specifically discussed this type of cancer. Interesting that you are using one for CC. I’m so glad to hear you are having good results so far and that hopefully this pump will allow surgery to become an option. There are others on here that have recently gone to Sloane so I would be interested in learning the doc’s reasoning as to why the pump may be offered to some and not others. Keep us updated and thanks for sharing.
    ashley from CT

lainy
    Spectator

Hello Carol and WELCOME to our wonderful family. Sorry to hear about your DX but glad you found us. If you go to the top of the page to our search engine and type in what ever word you wish to research, “old” posts will appear on that subject. And never fear, it won’t be long and you will be welcomed by other members of our Board who may be familiar with your question. Keep up the “shrinking” good work and please keep us posted.

brinks22
    Spectator

Hi,

My name is Carol. I’ve been diagnosed with CC for 13 months. I have stage 4, advanced, probably primary to liver although my bile duct is involved and my lymph nodes are suspicious. I am not a candidate for surgery (yet). I have been treating at Sloan-Kettering in NYC. I have a surgically implanted pump. I receive chemo via the pump and systemic chemo every 2 weeks.. I’ve experienced some shrinkage in tumors and my liver function has improved, especially in relation to how badly my liver was diseased when I first was diagnosed. In the few posts I’ve read I have not seen the inhepatic pump mentioned. Is anyone posting undergoing the same treatment?

Thanks for the forum. It has been very informative. I wish everyone out there a great day.

Carol

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Introductions!’ is closed to new topics and replies.