18 month check-up-Dr. says “REMISSION”

Discussion Board Forums Good News / What’s Working 18 month check-up-Dr. says “REMISSION”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    marylloyd
    Spectator

Hi Jeff,
    I’m sure you will be here next Christmas and many more!! You have such a great attitude, you are a real inspiration! I originally bought AIM Redibeet capsules which you can look up and buy on line. Now I am buying Nature’s Way capsules in a local store and am giving him 7 a day. You can also buy the powder and make a juice. I would also check out Maitake Mushroom D- Fraction. It’s great for liver regeneration and fighting tumors.Also foods that contain glutathione. It helps the liver boost production of enzymes that help regeneration. Avacados, artichokes and I read about fresh pineapple somewhere too, are all really good.I can’t find the info or remember exactly what it was but pineapple was highly recommended so we eat it every day. I try to throw avacados in there too but I don’t have much luck with artichokes.I don’t know what to do with them and they’re very expensive. I’m going to grow them in my garden next year. Good luck, Jeff and Merry Christmas!! Mary

jeffg

Mary… Is there any place particular you get your beet extract from? I think it’s time for me to shift in to overdrive and try some more alternatives. Went to the Doctor today and basically he said Merry Christmas your next round of Taxotere is dec 26th. No radiation at this time as I’ll probally need it more down the road and as long as it is not bothering me pain wise he doesn’t want to overdose me on the stuff. I had him really give me a reality check today and basically chemo is about my only choice with radiation as a backup for shrinking tumors to relieve pain. The other choices was whatever alternatives and when I wanted to stop trying different chemos regimens. I wished him a Merry Christmas and told him we’ll be having the same talk next Christmas. He thinks I’m crazy anyway. We took the extra time to look at scans today and they painted a pretty clear picture why he is taking the route he is. I still believe in miracles and intend to keep on trucking!
    God Bless,
    Jeff

marylloyd
    Spectator

Thanks All ,
    We just got back from our third trip to Columbus this past week (5 hour drive roundtrip) as my husband had his stent change today. The surgeon came out and said things looked better than they ever have and thinks they may pull the stent out all together next time around and see what happens. I asked him last summer if he thought that would ever be possible and he said he doubted it. He actually brought up the possibility today. That would be a great relief because we are always dealing with infection. Anyway I credit his bile duct improvement to beet root extract. I started giving him extra because he’s gained back weight and maybe that’s what has helped the healing process. They were worried about scar tissue. I am going to e-mail his original surgeon and ask about my theory.We haven’t seen him since Feb. I just would love for my husband’s success to help others. It just shows that you never know-a lot of cures and treatments are discovered purely by accident! God bless all of you.” Keep on truckin”,as Jeff says! Mary

devoncat
    Spectator

Wonderful news. I swear I was in such a bad mood I think I scared my husband from coming home and this has just plain cheered me up! Thank you (I am sure hans would thank you too if he could!)

Kris

jeffg

Mary , you could certainly have something there. I relate my tumor in the liver being radiated with 3-D conformal which encompassed the the whole tumor in turn damaging the tumor to the extent that no flow to the good part. I have been slowly but surely watching my liver tumor shrink. Onlt thing with me is I let it go so long that I havr the free radicals still floating around. It’s like applying a tournaquet and never loosening it. what happens no blood flow and tissuse and cell death. I am really happy about the results of your husbands tumor free scan!!!
    God Bless,
    Jeff G.

seasheller

Dear Mary – Wow, that is wonderful news. It would be good if there was a follow-up and research on his particular case. Never know if that could lead to a successful treatment for others. Wouldn’t that be great!!!! So happy for both of you. Enjoy life — “Live well, laugh often and love much”.
    ~~ Jean ~~

marylloyd
    Spectator

That’s a word I never thought I would hear from our Dr. He’s great but I thought he was very pessimistic at first until I began researching and being involved on this site. His statistics were completely correct- but there are still miracles and we think my husband must be one of them. His MRI’s came back with no visible tumor once again and bloodwork etc. is normal. He has not had any treatment for a year now other than the “magic” pills I give him. As I wrote under Carol58’s post about radiation ,I really wonder if the fact that the Docs left the left portal vein tied off after abandoning their attempt to remove the tumor is what caused his treatment to be so successful. If so, maybe this should be something that is done for patients with klatskin tumors. His left lobe completely dissolved because of the blood supply being shut off and I wonder if that also cut off the blood supply to the tumor and the chemo and radiation nuked it. I know that I have never read of anyone’s klatskin tumor “dying” from just radiation and chemo,even with brachytherapy.In fact all that I have read says that it definitely will not happen! I hope that maybe this can benefit others. We know that there is still a good chance of recurrence but right now we are thankful for our good fortune! Best wishes to all. Mary

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Good News / What’s Working’ is closed to new topics and replies.