2 month checkup after IMRT

Discussion Board Forums Good News / What’s Working 2 month checkup after IMRT

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    iowagirl

Patty …what awesome news. You are an inspiration to everyone, and especially to me. I’m also an ICC patient, ,just starting, except I had surgery to remove half of my left liver node….now waiting to start chemo in case there are any small cells still floating about …hoping the chemo might kill them off. Please post more often. We need to hear your story.

Julie T.

gavin

Brilliant news Patty, well chuffed for you!!! Thanks so much for your donation to the foundation and I hope that your speech goes well, good luck with that!

Hugs,

Gavin

kris00j
    Spectator

Congratulations on your wonderful news!! I’m thrilled for you!
    I do relay, too, but if don’t get that involved. Good luck on the speech.

marions

Ha, ha…have to share this. According to Patty’s response to my e-mail. there is more to Illinois than just the city of Chicago?
    Hugs,
    Marion

Yes Marion, I received an e-mail from you. WOW….I feel honored! I e-mailed you back and will check my e-mail for updates from you. Chicago……Hmph! ;-)

Hugs,
    Patty

marions

Patty…thanks for responding. I have e-mailed you to the address provided on this site. Have you received it?
    Hugs,
    Marion

Marion, our Relay is on May 3 but I would LOVE any and all info I could get my hands on. I am adding the symptoms of CC in my “talk” and anything you can get to me…Hooray! I had a call this am I’d like to share….I had a man from Israel call me today and said he read my blog and wanted to ask me some questions…..I answered them all as honestly as possible but told him I wasn’t a dr…..I also talked to his wife. So delighted my blog reaches SO many people out there. God is good ALL the time……ALL the time, God is good!

marions

Patty…..congratulations. In your blog you describe in detail each and every step taken and the enormous difficulties you have encountered within the last three years. The end result is nothing but amazing. I so much agree with you in that our community consists of patients and caregivers not bound by political or religious believes. This cancer affects people from around the globe and we together we stand in our fight to conquer this little understood disease. In regards to the upcoming Relay of Life, I would like to get in touch with you. We would want to announce it on this board as well as the website and supply you with brochures or anything else you might find helpful for this event.

Hugs,
    Marion

Another update since IMRT 5 months ago. Tumor is inactive….no lymph nodes are inflamed except for some due to chronic sinusitis. All lymph nodes are clear and my CA 19-9 went from 10.2 to 11. My CEA is .09! This is the best report to date. Dr. Javle at MD Anderson has sent me home with no restrictions and just live life to the fullest. Hoping it does not spread or wake up for a loooooong time! It is mostly necrotic so lets hope for continued death!! Enjoyed trips to St. Thomas and Hawaii (each one was 10 day trips). Biking and doing my first 5K this past weekend. Life is good! I am the keynote speaker for our Relay For Life this year and we take a portion of that money (whether the American Cancer Society likes it or not!) and send it to the CC Foundation. Going to see a dr this week about my sinuses…..a dr other than a cancer dr…hmmmm, that’s a new one in a long time. I’m 3 years, two months into this battle and have had many bumps in my journey but I feel better now than I have since getting CC. Glory to God in the highest!!! I have now reached across the nation to people in New Zealand and Venice, Italy to CC patients. Thaks to this site, I believe we are all drawn together and woven into an army of our own!! Thank you all for that!!

Your post sure gives us all alot of HOPE ! We all need that.
    Like you said, you didn’t like the first diagnosis and was not ready to give up and just look at you now !
    My husband case is real similar only we are waiting for treatment or a transplant
    after really no treatment only Y-90 back in july 2012. So happy for you!!!
    Brenda

january

Patty- wonderful news. Congratulations!

January

darla
    Spectator

Patty , Good job! We know word is getting out, but this is the best I have heard yet. Keep on blogging. Good luck to you and yes, enjoy! :)

marions

Patty…..pretty incredible your news; sure makes my heart jump.
    Hugs,
    Marion

gavin

Brilliant news Patty! Thanks so much for sharing and you know my fingers are crossed for the good news to keep on rolling for you! Enjoy indeed!!!!

pfox2100

Patty what a wonderful post and what an inspiration you are. You go girl! :) Go enjoy your life and it sounds like you have been all along during your cc journey and keep up with this positive awesome attitude! Blessings.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Good News / What’s Working’ is closed to new topics and replies.