2 questions after surgery

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    scragots

Hello,

I didn’t have any drainage tubes, so I’m afraid I can’t help you with that question. But, I too had the gassy “bubble” feeling. It has certainly gotten better, but I still have my days. I have been on Aciphex for my stomach acids and it really has helped me. If I do not take it, I have a lot of abdominal “bubbly” sounds and a lot of gas. You might ask the doctor about some form of acid-reducer.

It sounds like your mom is doing well. I was in the hospital for 9 days, home for 9 days and back in for four days, so at the end of 2 weeks, I was actually only just getting home. I hope she feels better everyday.

We are all thinking about both of you.

Sue

devoncat
    Spectator

Well, I had my surgery in January and I still get “bubbly” with sound effects as an added bonus. I was told not to worry about it by doctors and others on this site. Some people have medication for it, but that has not yet been offered to me so I dont know what the name of it is. But I am definately less “bubbly” than I was.

No advice on the drainage as they didnt tell me anything about keeping mine dry so I just showered as normal….maybe that explains the post op infection.

Hope your mom feels better soon.
    Kris

rrutherford6

My moms first question she says she sometimes feels like she has gas bubble stuck in her stomach ( like heartburn) how did you deal with that? 2 they have not taken out her second drainage tube yet how did you manage showers with it? she was told not to get it wet but man I’ve tried many tapes and baggies and it still gets wet. thanks alot rrutherford6

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Surgery, Resection & Transplant Treatment Options’ is closed to new topics and replies.