2 years, months, weeks, days . . .

Discussion Board Forums In Remembrance 2 years, months, weeks, days . . .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lalupes
    Spectator

That must have been so hard for you, Bazel. How very, very kind you are & my very best wishes to you on this anniversary.

Julia x

lainy
    Spectator

Yes, Bazel that is a hard one to do. My mom doesn’t even talk about my dad anymore. In fact she hardly talks. We have not seen her for a few weeks and now I doubt she will remember who I am except we both have white hair. But its one of those unpleasant trip you have to make. You are a good daughter.

Bazel
    Spectator

Today marks the 2nd anniversary of my father’s passing. Some days it really does feel like he’s been gone for 2 long years and at other times it feels like just days and weeks have passed since we lost him.

I took mom by the cemetary to visit yesterday. As always she was thrilled to stop and see her husband. Sadly, the significance of the date did not register as that level of awareness is simply part of her past now. Being my dad’s advocate through his cc journey was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done, but I have to say .. I would honestly do it again rather than continue to ride the dementia wave with mom.

All in all a sad day. Dad is at peace and that is a good thing though.. just hope he understands how hard we are trying where mom is concerned.

Bz

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘In Remembrance’ is closed to new topics and replies.