2 years today since dad passed away.

Discussion Board Forums In Remembrance 2 years today since dad passed away.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    marions

Dearest Gavin….I am sending a special hug your way and that of your dear Mum; I will set aside a few special moments in dedication to your Dad.
    It is quite obvious that your Dad was an extraordinary man; he raised you.
    Please, know that you have made the world of Cholangiocarcinoma a better place for all with your kindness, caring, and thoughtfulness. Thank you, dear Gavin.

A tidal wave of good wishes are heading your way.
    Hugs
    Marion

Eli
    Spectator

Hi Gavin,

That was a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing your sorrow with us. Thinking of you, your mum and your dad.

Hugs,
    Eli

pcl1029

Hi,Gavin.
    I am very sorry for the loss of your dad for the past two years. And
    I know your dad is very proud of you in taking care of you mum,his wife,for him.

You don’t need to thank us,this board,for everything.for they are always gentle,kind and full of love and encouragement like what you have done for this board.
    Finally,I do agree with you that it is hard to put into words to describe our feeling;but The way you described the love ,duty and loyalty for you dad in the last paragraph is with deep passion and feeling,especially from a former American football player like you.
    You father and son bonding is an example for my kids to follow.
    Again, please say hi to your mum for me ,please say I am so sorry for what had happened. but you mum truly have a loving and good son to keep and exceed the promise to care of her. I just not good at words,Gavin. I want to say a lot more,but I ran out of words. For,you know, I am not Lainy,the poet.
    May God bless you and you mum,take care,winter is here,put a thick coat on to protect the elements for both of you.

lainy
    Spectator

Hello, my son from another Mother! I am sending you big hugs across the pond for both you and Mum instead of you jumping over the fence to blether! I am glad the family is coming over to her tomorrow.

• I wish heaven had a phone so I could hear your voice again.
    • I thought of you today, but that is nothing new.
    • I thought about you yesterday, and days before that too.
    • I think of you in silence, I often speak your name.
    • All I have are memories and pictures in a frame.
    • Your memory is a keepsake, from which I’ll never part.

darla
    Spectator

Dear Gavin,

What a beautiful post. Know that I am thinking of you, your mum and of course your dear dad too, today and always.

Love & Hugs,
    Darla

gavin

Today it is 2 years since my dad passed away. I can’t really believe that it has been 2 years since his passing. Sometimes it feels like it hasn’t been 2 years, but then sometimes it feels so much longer than 2 years. My mum and I have come a long way in this time but things don’t feel the same. I guess they never will but we all get used to the new normal don’t we. I was round at mums earlier and she is okay, and I am away to go back around there again after I finish this post. It will just be the 2 of us today and that is okay and mums sister will be over tomorrow with the kids so that will be a good day for mum.

To all my family here I thank you so much for everything. For the support you all give, the love you all have and I know that you are always here for me and also for each other. It is hard to put into words what you all mean to me and I just wanted to say thank you so much to each and everyone of you for everything.

And to you dad, there is not a day that goes by that I don’t miss you, and of course there is not a day that goes by that I don’t think of you lots. You will never be forgotten, you will always be much loved and sorely missed by us all. I know you will remember the promise I made to you that night, and I hope you are happy with what I have done since and will always do for mum.

Rest In Peace Dad.

Love,

Gavin

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘In Remembrance’ is closed to new topics and replies.