2016 Annual Meeting Live Webcast – Patients and Caregivers

Discussion Board Forums General Discussion 2016 Annual Meeting Live Webcast – Patients and Caregivers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    marions

grsharp…..we are trying to streamline everything in one thread. Please use this link:
    http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?pid=103116#p103116

Hugs
    Marion

grsharp

Have there been any conference reports posted on this site yet? If so, I don’t know where to find them.
    Thanks,
    grsharp

grsharp

Looking forward to any new info learned at meeting.

Basically the Oncologist will meet with radiologist next Tuesday to discuss options. Her thought is that my wife should have 5FU and radiation with the hope that the tumor involving the right lobe can be shrunk so that the left lobe can be removed. She thinks 30-50% chance of that happening. Otherwise she is not appear favorably to any of the newer immune boosting (Keytruda) drugs since evidently none have been approved for CC.

My impression is that 5FU has many side effects and is not very effective for CC.

Blessings
    Gayle

marions

grsharp…..we had three days with different intent:
    Patient and Caregiver Sessions – Day 1
    Basic, Translational and Clinical Research Sessions – Day 2 and 3
    Poster Session: Day 2 and 3

Presentations have been recorded and will be presented for view within the next few days. We will make sure that is highlighted on this site. It’s unlikely for day 2 and 3 to reveal new treatment option rather, I prefer to think of it as a “Think Tank” in where some of the brightest physicians and researchers share information and study results pertaining to the disease of cholangiocarcinoma.
    Good luck tomorrow and please share with us the outcome of your meeting with the oncologist.
    Hugs
    Marion

grsharp

Hope someone will provide some highlights of what’s new.
    Meeting oncologist tomorrow for treatment discussion. Where will new info be posted?
    grsharp

mbachini

Thanks Gavin, it was an incredible time! I will post pics and more on that soon!

marions

This has been a spectacular day for patients and caregivers. According to Donna, the taped video sessions will be ready for view on our website within a very short time.
    Hugs,
    Marion

middlesister1

I’m so sorry I was not free today- I’m sure everyone was great and can’t wait to hear reports and hopefully watch at a later date.

Catherine

gavin

Hope everyone is watching! Melinda’s story was amazing, but we knew that anyway.

Thank you Melinda!!!

Hugs,

Gavin

gavin

It starts in 36 minutes people!!! Still time for you to sign up for it and take part and of course it is free to do so!

Details here –

http://cholangiocarcinoma.org/misc/2016-cholangiocarcinoma-foundation-annual-conference/webcast/

Hope to see you all there!

Hugs to all,

Gavin

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.