3/15 6 days shy of 1 year with Cholangiocarcinoma – CLEAN SCAN

Discussion Board Forums Survivor Stories 3/15 6 days shy of 1 year with Cholangiocarcinoma – CLEAN SCAN

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    hercules

Jdow, first congratulations for success against all odds. Good for all of you, and , you now know the value of a day of freedom from cholangiocarcinoma……Priceless ! Your brother is young, enjoy life, do the things he always wanted to do, explore new things, have fun however you define it. Take care of yourself, listen to a beautiful sunrise and feel the warmth. He is too young to be taken…keep fighting, Pat

positivity
    Spectator

Thank you everyone for sharing and offering advice. Every member is valuable and it’s great to have this forum. It take courage to share and help.

marions

Jdow……this board would not exist where it not for the incredible members like you.

Thanks to all you wonderful people,

Hugs
    Marion

jdow
    Spectator

This board has been invaluable in providing a knowledge base and understanding of this horrible disease. I have spent huge blocks of time reading your posts and links – thank you for creating a comprehensive reaource and a community where it was desperately needed.

marions

Excellent news, Jdow. You are a good example of how important second or more professional opinions are.

Hugs
    Marion

positivity
    Spectator

Thank you for sharing Jdow. Never settle for a doctor who will not work with you, listen, or is difficult. I had to rule out a couple of doctors for similar reasons. If I don’t feel comfortable with their behavior or recommendations, I don’t want my mom getting treatment from them, or even a routine checkup.

lainy
    Spectator

WOW, Jill, what a great story!!! Congratulations to your BIL on his very successful surgery and you had a wonderful Surgeon as we know of his great reputation with CC> Now with Spring I am hoping every just keep springing forward for our newest miracle warrior. Please keep us updated on his progress and we truly care and posts like this one are very much needed.

jdow
    Spectator

My 43 year old brother in law was diagnosed on March 21st, 2016 with Cholangiocarcinoma. This healthy man took himself to NYU’s ER with what we thought was appendix problems and an intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma was discovered. The surgical team at NYU said that surgery was not an option, The surgeons at Sloan Kettering said the same and THEN, we met Dr. Myron Schwartz at Mount Sinai. Upon studying my brother in law’s scans, Dr Schwartz said, “I can do surgery right now. But, I’d like to wait to see if the chemo gives me more room around the tumor.” Whew, words never sounded so sweet! Several months later, it became obvious that the gem/cis was not working to shrink the tumor, Dr. Schwartz performed his miracle. He removed 3 masses in total. The 1st scan post surgery showed two tiny lesions, it was unclear if the lesions were present pre-surgery. They were hit with chemoablation. One of the lesions died, one was missed. the 2nd lesion was successfully destroyed and 1 month later. And on March 15th – 4 months after his last chemo treatment — CLEAN SCAN!! This year has been horrible. Dealing with medical professionals that are anything but professional was awful. Finding Dr. Schwartz was the greatest gift our family has been given. Keeping all those affected by this awful disease in my prayers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Survivor Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.