3 years….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    marions

Jen…what a wonderful and welcome surprise to hear from you. I can’t believe Alyssa is three years old. Agree, where has the time gone. She is beautiful.
    We miss your lovely postings, but understand that life must go on and so it does, but our hearts are filled with memories of those we loved so much. This will never change.
    Hugs,
    Marion

lainy
    Spectator

Oh, Dear Jen, how good it is to see your beautiful face as I think of you so often. I know it is 5 years as Dad waited 6 months for Teddy’s Italian restaurant to open. Where has the time gone?
    The pictures are just fantastic and I am glad to read you are all doing good. Just how you Dad would have wanted it. I do remember his dreams at the end and I remember his 1st Granddaughter laughing at him making faces at her with her in the rocking chair and I think Grandpa was making faces in the corner!
    I have learned dear Jen, that life is for the living and that the heart can regrow those old familiar feelings. I believe the day will come when the 2 Princesses will see Grandpa themselves when they least expect it. Take care and enjoy the girls they grow up in the blink of an eye!

jennifers

5 years. It will have been 5 years on Saturday that we lost Dad. Time flies, and goes so slowly at the same time. There are days I miss him so much my heart hurts. Times my kids do something that has me laughing and saying how much they are like him, or how happy they would have made him. I know he’s around, though my girls don’t seem to “see” him the way they did, but some days it just doesn’t feel like enough.

HOWEVER, we move on and we move forward and we have amazing and wonderful lives that I know he is incredibly proud of. We were fortunate enough to be witness to amazing moments at the end of his life to give us peace in knowing he really was going somewhere amazing.

I’ve attached a few photos of Alyssa’s third birthday on Saturday. This is the daughter a medium told my mom and sister that was special to Dad…. that she wouldn’t just be like him, but that he would actually be a part of her. And he is. I see it every day. She’s SO funny, doesn’t care what ANYONE thinks, and is an iron man obsessed, princess-loving little girl who is so sweet she won’t take anything from anyone unless they have a second to give her big sister. She IS dad.

I think of you all, and I’m still here almost daily, though my comments are pretty few and far between. I hope you are all doing well!!

Jen

Alyssa1.jpg

Alyssa2.png

kris00j
    Spectator

Jen,
    What a wonderful tribute to read. Thank you for sharing such a personal time with us. And thank you for the descriptions of the glimpses from beyond.

darla
    Spectator

Dear Jen,

What a Wonderful tribute to your dear father. Think of you .

Hugs,
    Darla

marions

Jen….what a heartfelt and true statement to a man you proudly call your Dad and someone we hold closely in our hearts. My thoughts are with you today and always.
    Hugs and love,
    Marion

gavin

Hi Jen,

Beautiful! I know that when you cheer your dad then he will certainly be clinking his glass to you as well! Thinking of you today.

Hugs,

Gavin

lainy
    Spectator

To My Dearest Jenn, that is the most beautiful remembrance a loving daughter could give her adoring Dad. I remember all those things you talk about and had told me. I know that Dad is still all around you and with you because there is no way he is going to stay away especially with those 2 Granddaughters. Not sure where all the time has gone but like you I also have no fear. You are a wonderful example of Woman with so much grace and dignity and I do miss your posts. Take care and love you much!

jennifers

Dad

3 years ago I lost one of the greatest and most important men in my life. Today we will put his ashes into their final resting place. Those that were a part of his journey know he fought his battle with such a sense of calm and peace of what was to come that it was impossible not to admire him, and feel a bit of the same peace. He had a gift for putting those around him at ease. Those fortunate enough to see him those last few weeks were also witness to moments that I will never forget. To hear him speak of the two worlds he was in between, to hear him speak of (and to) people long passed, to hear of the immense beauty in the ‘other world’ he kept visiting and would pass into once he was ready to ‘step off the curb onto a beautiful boulevard’ left those of us he was leaving behind with our fears of the unknown all but gone. Although today I sit with a sad heart and tears streaming down my cheeks, my faith that he is with us always and playing guardian to all his beautiful grandchildren, and my unwavering belief that one day (in the long and distant future) I too will step off that curb and into the open arms of my waiting dad will help me through this rough day. Until then, I hope the ‘important work’ you said they had for you during the wait for your loved ones is keeping you busy. I hope today you are surrounded by all those who passed before you while we celebrate the life you had here on earth. I hope that later on when I cheers the incredible man I was lucky enough to call my father, you clink your glass to mine. I love you and miss you every day daddy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.