Julie, you have fought an incredible battle, had numerous setbacks and you got back up and kept going,you too are a cc miracle, and winning that fight has beat up your poor body. Just keep getting back up and keep being a winner. You are a champion of this board, I hope you have the strength to fight on as you have, god bless, Pat
To My Sister from another Mother. WOWSER!!! I am doing cartwheels, clean scans all the way. You are one courageous, smart and fabulous woman. I have a feeling that MDS does not know what it is up against with a fighter like you. Don’t freeze in Iowa and we will try to stay warm in SLC .
Thanks Marion. I decided that it was time to post as a “survivor” of ICC. Even though the MDS has me in its grips right now, it doesn’t diminish the three years since my ICC diagnosis.
Catherine, yes, one thing at a time…..at least that was my hope and prayerss. Withouut the ICC to deal with, I can concentrate on what I need to do for the MDS and hope for a remission for now……..and in the meantime maybe some new treatment will come along.
I was diagnosed with a 5 cm intrahepatic tumor (ICC) Jan 2014. Since then, I have had :
1. Feb 28th 2014, Resection clean 2.2 cm margins, no mets
2. Post surgery 6 rounds gem-cis
3. Dec 2015 Recurrence with surgery to remove new, 2.2 cm tumor along original resection line
4. July 2016 Recurrence with radio-frequency ablation to destroy 1.5 cm tumor.
5. November 2016, diagnosed with MDS…a result of the Gem-Cis chemo . Currently, median survival of MDS I have is 1-2 years.
The good news……scans today were clear….no evidence of ICC recurrence.