3 yrs cancer free

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    marions

Suzie…fantastic update. My personal opinion is to go on with your life and to make your dreams come true.

Yes, the request for participation in the research study is real; we appreciate everyone’s input.

Hugs,
    Marion

wallsm1
    Spectator

BTW, is the research study on here asking for participants real or is it spam?

wallsm1
    Spectator

I saw the oncologist. Not much to report, visits are pretty short when you are doing well. I get blood work at 6 month and ct chest/abd/pelvis in one year.
    I asked about my prognosis at this point and she agreed it gets better as time goes on. I believe she said 75% recur in the first 2 years. I think Mayo told me 90-95% recur in the first 2 -2 1/2 years.
    She said I can have kids if I chose to do so, so we’ll see. It’s a big decision. I did meet with high risk OB about 6 months ago and he said I am not that high risk. He called me medium risk. Said my main concerns would be preeclampsia and growth restriction. Also talked about the possibility for issues if I need a csection due to my abdominal surgeries.

I am so thankful for my 3 years of life. I am now 34 years old. Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Susie

willow
    Spectator

That is FABULOUS! Congrats Susie, and thank you for sharing this milestone!
    Willow

kris00j
    Spectator

All I can say is YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! Go celebrate!

gavin

Brilliant news Susie!!!! Hope all goes well tomorrow with the onc.

darla
    Spectator

Susie, Great news. Keep it coming! :)

pfox2100

Susie this is awesome news. So happy for you. Congratulations hope u go out and celebrate . blessings.

lainy
    Spectator

Hi Susie, you keep going, girl. I love waking up to this kind of news! YIPPEE!

iowagirl

Susie…what fantastic news. Raising my glass tp you this morning. Keep on truckin’.

Boy it was good to hear your good news today. As much as you needed it…we all do.

Julie T

marions

Susie….good news can’t get better than that. CONGRATULATIONS.
    Hugs,
    Marion

wallsm1
    Spectator

Had my MRI and no evidence of disease!! 3 yrs post hepatectomy for Intrahepatic cc. Had chemo and radiation post resection.
    See the oncologist tomorrow.
    I’ll let you know what the plan is, but I think I will be scan free for a year.

Take care,

Susie

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Good News / What’s Working’ is closed to new topics and replies.