4 weeks into cancer

Discussion Board Forums Introductions! 4 weeks into cancer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    cinnamin
    Spectator

Holy cow……….so much to deal with!!! Hang in there my friend, you’ve found the BEST place for support and answers. I hope you keep us updated on your Moms. Warm thoughts and prayers to your family

Janet

lalupes
    Spectator

Welcome, Easy – this is a wonderful place to come & talk & shout & cry – & get some laughs, too, along the way. You’ve got a LOT on your plate & I hope you’ll come back & tell us more about the progress of your 2 amazing mums. They are VERY lucky to have you & your wonderful approach to their fight.

My very best wishes
    Julia

mlepp0416
    Spectator

Easy: All I can say is “Wow, when it rains it pours”. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Learn all you can from this site and ask any questions you can. Never take no for an answer but instead ask what else can be done….

Go with God.
    KEEP KICKIN’ THAT cancer.

Margaret (My husband and Cholangiocarcinoma)

gavin

Hi Easy,

Welcome to the site, although I am sorry that you have to be here. That sure is a lot that you have to deal with just now with your mum and mother in law and I can relate to what you are going through right now. My mum has had COPD since 2003 and my dad was diagnosed with inoperable CC back in 2008 and I have been the carer since 2003 for them both.

As lainy says, your mum and mother in law are so lucky to have you there for them both. It’s not easy being a carer, and being the carer for 2 people you love is so very tough indeed. I did that for my mum and dad so I know what you are going through right now.

Please keep coming back here as you will get tons of support and help from us all. I really can’t put into words how much the support and help I received from everyone here helped me with my dads fight with CC.

My best wishes to you and your family,

Gavin

lainy
    Spectator

Easy…..and what do you do for fun? Wow, so much and all at once. But, Welcome to our fabulous family and here you can rant, advise or ask questions
    or what ever you wish, we are here for you. Your attitude is great and the 2 moms are lucky to have you as I would guess you are a breath of fresh air for them. A lot of people have had a lot of success with radiation. You can use our search engine at the top and just type in a word to get some advise or use us all you wish. We are all here cheering for the 2 moms.

marions

Easy…..I would also like welcome you. Thank you for sharing your story. I am wondering about your comments re: the diagnoses of cancer in your region. Is it considered a cluster area? I found some interesting links:
    http://www.cancer.gov/newscenter/pressreleases/ReportNation2009Release
    Vhttp://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/uscs/
    I hope that you will find some comfort in sharing your thoughts with us and for many good suggestions coming your way. We stay realistic and optimistic coupled with tons of hope.
    Best wishes,
    Marion

devoncat
    Spectator

Welcome Easy.
    I guess when it rains, it pours. I am sorry your family is going through so much at one time. You must be in a confused state and just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Well, you found the right place for support. Our member Kristin has had good luck wihth chemo and radiation and it has pretty much halted her growth.

Good luck to your family.

Kris

easyas3-14

Let me begin by saying hello to everyone here and thanks for all of the stories you all share. I am a 34 year old wife, mother of 2, and caregiver. Four weeks ago my husband won a court case he had put 8 years investgating and putting together. It was suppose to be a great day of celebrating and finally putting all this “work” behind us. Instead, one hour after verdict we got the phone call from his mother, her scan she had the previous week showed “spots” on her liver and kidneys. Oh no, well if you’re from the south and especially the region where we live, it IS to be expected. Everyone eventually gets cancer. Its never IF I get cancer, its WHEN I get cancer and what kind. Not 4 days later, my dad and I rush my mother to the emergancy room. We did not know what was wrong, but she was naseuated, had chills, but no fever-very strange symptoms. Doctors ruled out heart attack, did a series of tests and figured out she had a severe urinary tract infection and after an abdomenal ultrasound also saw she had gallstones. We were relieved to hear it would be a quick surgery and antibotics, then everything would be alright. Yet, the surgeon wasn’t convinced it was her gallbladder giving her so much trouble. After a pelvic ultrasound, doctors found a 21 cm tumor on her ovaries! that’s the size of a deflated basketball! This was Feb. 11, 2010 and we’re still in the hospital recovering from surgery that removed the tumor, gallbladder, appendix, spleen, and a total hysterectomy. Now I know you’re wondering why I’m posting all this on a chalangiocarcinoma site–well, I’m getting to that part…..

Back to my mother-in-law, since my mom has been in the hospital, diagnosed with, had surgery for, and eventually “cured” of ovarian cancer (all path reports are coming back negative for cancer!YEA!) she has learned she has two primary cancers. One being RENAL CELL CARCINOMA (kidney cancer) and the second CHALANGIOCARCINOMA (liver cancer). Now both of these women are amazing and unique, but I guess we are learning just how “special” they are! My mom’s tumor was the largest the surgeon has removed and my mother-in-law’s radation oncologist said this was the largest tumor (at 13 cm) on a liver he has ever seen. Well I guess if you’re going to do it, DO IT BIG OR GO HOME!

My mother-in-law is not a candidate for surgery or a mediport due to the fact she must be on Coumadin for 2 mechanical valves, plus congestive heart failure, COPD, and a pacemaker. (and how we joke with her…”and a partridge in a pear tree…”) She understands the seriousness of not being able to “cure” her cancer, but does have hope that radiation treatments plus chemotherapy pills will be able to shrink her tumor and cause her less pain. Have I mentioned that these ladies are only 61 and 62 years old?

We are here to support them with whatever treatment they chose. It is nice to come here to this forum to vent and chat with others who are going through some of the same challenges

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Introductions!’ is closed to new topics and replies.