4 year ct scan

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    wallsm1
    Spectator

Katrina, it was Gem/Cis and then I took Xeloda with radiation.
    What do you mean do many people get help with chemo/radiation? Like financial assistance?

Take care,

Susie

katrina
    Spectator

Congratulations!! What was your chemo combination? Do many people get help with chemo/radiation?

Susie,
    Fantastic news and wonderful, too, that you are looking forward to starting a family. Life DOES go on and good things in your future. Thanks for sharing…
    Kathy

mbachini

Susie,

Such wonderful news on your scan! Congratulations on your 4 year milestone!!! So sorry about your miscarriage. I am happy to hear that you have such a positive attitude and continue to look forward to a wonderful future! Hugs to you!
    Melinda

debnorcal

Susie,

Congratulations to you!! It is so very inspiring for many in this community to hear your success story. Thank you for taking the time to share your news with us.

Your words radiate JOY, and that is what I wish for you – more and more joy going forward.

Debbie

dkillion10

Susie, Great news and thank you for sharing. Cheers to a normal life! – Dennis

gavin

Hi Susie,

Brilliant news on the scan results, thanks for sharing that with us all! Sorry to hear about your miscarrige but will keep my fingers crossed for you in the future for all the best possible news for you and your family.

Hugs,

Gavin

iowagirl

Susie….fantastic news on the clean scan. I’m so sorry to hear about the miscarriage, but it’s such a wonderful thought to know what you’ve been through and yet you have the hope for a family and the future. Thank you so much for posting this great news…and as Catherine says…”inspiring.” It helps all of us get through.

Julie T.

middlesister1

Susie,

We always love hearing inspiring stories. I am very happy for you and look forward to continued great updates.

Best wishes,
    Catherine

marions

Susie….I can’t believe it has been 4 years since your diagnoses and I am equally thrilled to read your inspiring posting. Thanks you so very much for sharing this great news with us.
    It is wonderful to know that life goes on and your next words may very inform us of another pregnancy.
    Hugs,
    Marion
    P.S. I am shocked to hear of the Insurance denial of the 4 year scan. I can understand a 5 year cut-off and wonder how they justified their reasoning.

lainy
    Spectator

Dear Susie, it is so good to see your smiling face and to read your good news. My daughter had 7 miscarriages between the first 2 kids and ended up with 4 healthy gorgeous children! Guess I would just consider it a trial run and when the timing is right, it will happen. We have been together a long time and I am so excited for you. Let us know when we will all be Aunts and Uncles. Love and hugs and best wishes.

lihuixu
    Spectator

Susie,

Thank you for sharing the WONDERFUL news. I am so happy for you and hope you continue to be well and healthy!!

Lee

wallsm1
    Spectator

I was diagnosed in May 2011 with a 5cm intrahepatic CC. I underwent resection, 6 cycles of chemo and chemo radiation. This week I had my 4 year post op scan and am excited to say that it was clean. The ironic part was my ct scan was actually denied by my insurance company saying it was not necessary as they only recommend scanning for 2 yrs for cholangiocardinoma. So I had to pay out of pocket and am hoping to get reimbursed. How ridiculous, but I won’t complain too hard since it was a clean scan and I know how very fortunate I am to be here today.
    I read the board very often but I don’t post as often as I used to.
    I am doing well. I am becoming pleasantly plump! I am about 128lbs compared to the 105lbs I was during treatment. I am very active and feel very healthy.
    I will share that in January I was actually pregnant, however I miscarried pretty much right away but it was nice just to be pregnant for a bit at least.
    So my oncologist said I will get blood work in 6 months and another scan in 1 yr. She said I can have kids if I want.
    People are probably wondering if I do any alternative treatments. (I know I also wondered what others were doing) I take tumeric, fish oil, probiotics and vitamin D. But other than that I have a very normal diet, meaning today I had pizza and ice cream but yesterday it was a green smoothie. I try to live a very normal life.
    Feel free to ask any questions and thanks for listening as always. I hope and pray you all are well.

Take care,

Susie

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Good News / What’s Working’ is closed to new topics and replies.