4 year Whipple-versary

Discussion Board Forums Good News / What’s Working 4 year Whipple-versary

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    gavin

Congratulations Randi! And I’m loving your new enjoying Decembers attitude as well! Hope you enjoy your holidays as well!

Hugs,

Gavin

willow
    Spectator

These are fabulous and amazing milestones and your personal history really is a testament to hope, survival and the marvels of medicine. Thanks for sharing and have a beautiful December!

wallsm1
    Spectator

Congratulations, Randi!

mcwgoat
    Spectator

Hi Randi,

Great anniversary for you – you deserve continued best success!!! You are a beautiful person and I thank you for always uplifting us!!!

Peace & Love,
    Mary

marions

Happy Holidays to you as well, dear Randi. May the month of December be the best of everything.
    Hugs,
    Marion

pamela
    Spectator

Happy Anniversary, Randi!! I am so happy you are doing well.

kris00j
    Spectator

Happy birthday!! I love your attitude: get December on track!!

lisacraine
    Spectator

Randi,
    Happy Anniversary. You have been through so much and continue to have a beautiful outlook. I hope December is a fabulous month for you.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

lainy
    Spectator

To my dear Randi girl! HAPPY ANNI You are my heroine, ha and they think they are all in books! Here you are a real life thriver. Love you tons. Happy Holidays to you as well!

Randi
    Spectator

Hello friends,

It was 4 years ago today that I had my almost 7 hour Whipple surgery and spent 6 days in the hospital. It took me almost an entire year to feel “normal” well at least my new normal. I didn’t know what was ahead of me, or even if there was any time ahead of me at all. After surgery I had 6 months of adjuvant chemotherapy. It was no picnic, but it now a blip on the radar of my past.

14 years ago on the 12th of this month I had my thyroid removed because of papillary thyroid cancer. No further treatment was needed after surgery except for follow up examinations.

19 years ago on the 22nd of this month I had my lumpectomy followed by 6 weeks of radiation for breast cancer.

December has not traditionally been a good month for my health, however, since my Whipple I have decided I would reverse this trend and be healthy and enjoy Decembers from now on :)

Happy holidays to everyone on here. You’ve all been such a great support for me.

Hugs,
    -Randi-

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Good News / What’s Working’ is closed to new topics and replies.