4 Years and Doing Great!

Discussion Board Forums Good News / What’s Working 4 Years and Doing Great!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    marylloyd
    Spectator

Congratulations, Sue! I hope you have many, many years of great health! Best wishes for a clear scan! Mary

moontje
    Spectator

wonderful news. thanks for charing it with us.

greetz moontje

maria
    Spectator

Wonderful!! The hope you provide others is task enough!! Stay calm and confident that the scan will be just fine.
    //Maria

marions

Sue……from the bottom of my heart…congratulation. A big hug will follow when we meet up again.
    Continued best wishes,
    Marion

jathy1125
    Spectator

Sue-Congratulations from one cc survivor to another! We don’t get to use that sentence enough on this site! Lots of prayers-Cathy

hollandg

Sue
    Thanks for sharing your uplifting story for all to enjoy and good luck with your next scans in April.

Gerry

kimk
    Spectator

Sue,
    I’m thrilled for you. Congratulations on your gift. This is truly a group of powerful healing. When my husband was sick I scoured these posts, afraid of what I would find, but unable to put it aside. I longed for good news, some shred of hope that I could apply to our dilemma. Too often, far too often, the news was not good, and I lost hope at times. I wish I could have read your news during these dark moments. Three years ago, my husband received a liver transplant and a complete resection at the Mayo Clinic. He’s healthy and strong and his latest blood tests are clear. Cliched as it might sound, we both appreciate the moments now. I try not to let a single day go by that I don’t give thanks for this wonderful gift. I wish you all the best in the future as you continue on your fight to beat this and to live a full and healthy life.

Sue,
    Thank you for sharing that wonderful news. Hearing stories like yours DOES raise the spirits of others who are going along the same journey. I got my blood tests results today (clear scan last week) and the CA 19 marker was at 16 (sweet 16!). I go back May 23rd for my next scan. Trying to breathe normally after holding my breath for so long!
    Keep sharing your news and keep on keeping on!
    Nancy, Please let us know what February 4th brings. So glad to hear you’ve been doing well this year!

Kathy

32coupe
    Spectator

Hi Sue,
    Congratulations! Thanks for posting your great story – good news is always welcome but in light of the recent sad news we’ve gotten here your news provided a much needed lift. I pray that God will give you a clean scan in April and many to come.

Grace and Peace,
    bob

lainy
    Spectator

Dearest Sue, it is so very good to see your smiling face again! And CONGRATULATIONS on the the biggest news of all! That is just fantastic and the best way I know to start a Monday morning. Much continued success you are our Superwoman!

lulu07
    Spectator

Sue
    Terrific news. Thanks so much for sharing with us. So many of us get much needed hope hearing from people like you! I to had a right lobectomy and gallbladder removed on Jan 19 2010—I have an appointment for my 1 year scan on Friday Feb 4th all other scans have been clear and I’m praying to stay on a roll. Thanks again for posting and many, many more years of continued good health and happiness is what I wish for you!
    Nancy

scragots

Hi all!

January 29, 2007 was the day that my surgeon handed me back my life. I had a right lobectomy (they also removed my gallbladder) and said I had a 40% of living 5 years. Well, here it is 4 years later and I feel like I have a 100% chance of living many, many years. I know how lucky I was, but I wanted to remind you that there is hope and miracles do happen! This board has been a wonderful friend to me for these past four years and I hope to be able to remind you all every year how good things do happen.

My next CT scan will be in April and as of today, I am not scared. That will change as the date gets closer, but I will be sure to update you all after I get the results.

The loss of some special friends on here really hits me some days, specially my cancer buddy Kris (devoncat). I wonder why her and not me. There must be a reason, but I know I am not privy to that information. That is for a much higher authority than me to decide. I can only hope that I can live up to the task put before me…live my life as a good, loving person who deserves that second chance.

All of us continue to fight this cancer, whether we have had surgery or not. Keep fighting the fight and remember that today, you ARE a survivor!!!

Hugs to all,
    Sue

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Good News / What’s Working’ is closed to new topics and replies.