8 year whipple-versary

Discussion Board Forums Survivor Stories 8 year whipple-versary

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gavin

Hi Randi,

Great to see you on here and to celebrate your 8 year anniversary of the whipple. Brilliant news and here is to the next 8 years, and more!! Yes unfortunately we have lost a lot of very very good people along the way but stories like yours are to be celebrated and I know that you will give a ton of hope as well to a lot of people out there. No wonder you wanted to take a break from here what with all you have to deal with, totally understandable. But so good to see you on here once again!

Hugs,

Gavin

hercules

Randi, Merry Christmas !  It is good to hear from you and that all is well. Eight years post whipple is awesome, and I have taken a break when needed, I am glad you are back and kudos on eight years, keep up the great work, you inspire many facing what you have championed, may the coming year bring all you wish for, Pat

middlesister1

Randi,

What  a great milestone. And I understand about needing to step back. When my father died in Feb of lung cancer, thinking about Mom’s CC was very hard. I am so happy for You!  Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year.  Catherine

bglass

Randi,

It is so nice to hear from you, and so inspiring to learn you are at eight years and counting.

In my early months after diagnosis, like many, I lurked namelessly on this site, and read and read and read patient stories, including yours.   The stories gave me a lot of hope, as did the comraderie of this board.  Thank you for sticking with us, and please keep checking in.

Regards, Mary

Randi
    Spectator

Hello all,

Just thought I’d stop by and share that I just had my 8 year anniversary of having whipple surgery that saved my life.  I had 6 months of chemo afterward.  So easy to type in two sentences in hindsight, but such a difficult time.  This site was a lifeline to me. I’ve met so many great people here and unfortunately lost a few along the way. This year one of my CC friends died after a valiant fight and I needed to take a break from all things CC.  I realize I am lucky to be able to do this, I take nothing for granted and am thankful for all of my borrowed time.

Wishing everyone here a great holiday and a happy and healthy new year.

Hugs to all,

-Randi-

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Survivor Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.