9 Years next week!

Discussion Board Forums Survivor Stories 9 Years next week!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hercules

Randi, it is good to hear from you and congratulations on 9 years, I know you had some tough times and I hope you are enjoying a good quality of life, and you have an incredible story and you are an inspiration to all of us, be well, Pat

gavin

Hi Randi,

It is great to hear from you as always and what brilliant news you have to share with everyone, superb!! No doubt Thanksgiving will always bring back these memories for you and I hope that you had a good day yesterday. You are most certainly a beacon of hope for so many people here and please do not feel guilty although I can understand why you could feel that way sometime. You also helped a lot of people here on the boards for all the time that you were a mod here too so thanks as always for all of your work here.

It is always great to see you back on here Randi and here’s to the next 9 years and more!

Celebratory Hug for you!

Gavin

Randi
    Spectator

Hi all, I am reminded this Thanksgiving, that 9 years ago Thanksgiving I was in the hospital with Pancreatitis after having the ERCP that confirmed my CC diagnosis.  I didn’t think I had 1 year to live, much less 9 years and I am so grateful to be here.  This board was a lifeline for me during my diagnosis, treatment, and for a very long time afterward. I was a moderator for a few years, but became overwhelmed after awhile and had to back off and become just an occasionally reader and contributor.

I will never ever forget the fear of initial diagnosis, surgery, chemo, and recovery. I appreciate every single day I have.

I hope I am a beacon of hope for people on this board!  I still feel a bit guilty at times for my good fortune.

Hugs to all of you!

-Randi-

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Survivor Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.