Discussion Board Forums General Discussion MD Anderson Holding Off

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #36498
    ajcarman72
    Participant

    Good news on the bili!

    My mom didn’t go to MD Anderson, but she went to Mayo Rochester. They worked with her to time the visit with an off week with chemo and after she had a scan. I think the thought was that they wouldn’t want to interrupt treatment and it would give a data point as to what is working or not.

    #36497
    jeffgrieder
    Member

    Thanks everyone! You all are the greatest.

    And yes Lisa, Marc’s spirit is WAY up thanks to this news. It is beautiful here is Houston and I am sure it is going to be a FABULOUS weekend!

    #36496
    lisa
    Participant

    Glad to hear Marc’s bilirubin counts are down. I hope he is feeling better as a result.

    Good luck with MD Anderson.

    #36495
    gavin
    Moderator

    Hi Jeff,

    Great news on Marc’s bili levels coming down and also about his liver not being as distressed. Excellent stuff!

    Best to you both,

    Gavin

    #36494
    lainy
    Participant

    YIPEE! Great news, Jeff. To paraphrase a quote, “It may seem like a small step for Marc, but a BIG step to erase the CC. Yea!

    #36493
    jeffgrieder
    Member

    Thanks sduggins! I just read the situation the wrong way I guess. I almost feared that MD Anderson had already given up on him as well. Not sure why I felt that way. I guess we are still learning

    #36492
    sduggins
    Member

    Jeff,

    I think that is normal. When Roger was first diagnosed and surgery was performed unsuccessfully here, we asked our surgeon about MD Anderson and he agreed to help us get into MD. The one thing they told us was it could take a few months and Roger could not be on any type of Chemo or they would not take him for sure. Roger’s records were sent to MD Anderson and it was about 8 weeks when we received a call stating they were setting him up for an appointment. Unfortuanatly in 8 weeks the tumor had grown so they could not performe the surgery either. My suggestion is to see if you send his records to MD Anderson, can he continue with the Chemo or does he have to stop it until he hears from MD Anderson. Also if he goes to MD Anderson, once he gets there he will go thru every test he has already had so be prepared. I have heard alot of excellent things about MD Anderson and our experience was great other than the fact I wish we had went their first.

    #3300
    jeffgrieder
    Member

    OK

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.