June 11, 2015 at 4:56 am #77433
Thanks for the valuable suggestionsJune 5, 2015 at 10:14 pm #77432
Thanks, Kris. Couldn’t do without you and our favorite nursing team.
MarionJune 4, 2015 at 11:25 pm #77431kvollandSpectator
I would think they would want the sepsis cleared up before they stent. Just coming from a medical stand point in that with sepsis you already know there is bacteria in the blood then do place a stent you risk getting that blood in places where you could abscess. Normally once someone is on systemic IV antibiotics for 72 hours the infectious part of the sepsis should be gone.
But stent placement should help slow down the infections related to the advancement of the cancer.
KrisVJune 4, 2015 at 10:22 pm #77430
faisal….In my husband’s case treatment was comprised of systemic antibiotic therapy followed by stent replacement. Hoping for others to chime in and share their thoughts with us as well.
Stay strong, dear Faisal.
MarionJune 4, 2015 at 9:24 am #77429
Hi Everyone! Can You provide me the latest advancements for adenocarcinoma sepsis for locally advanced cholangiocarcinoma.
Please give me suggestions for what to do in case of fever but stent replacement should be urgent.Doctors are telling first to subside fever.May 22, 2015 at 6:24 pm #77428
faisal….I hope you have more answers soon and much understand your urgency of obtaining immediate answers. Stay strong, your father must be so proud of you.
MarionMay 22, 2015 at 8:46 am #77427
Thanks For the Suggestions marions …May 22, 2015 at 6:54 am #77426
faisal…….it is likely for the stent to be blocked again; if so, the ERCP will give more conclusive answers. The fever may very well be related to an infection, which has to be treated. Has a blood culture been done? Treatment options such as additional radiation or systemic chemotherapy can only be addressed after the ERCP procedure provides more conclusive answers.
MarionMay 22, 2015 at 6:46 am #77425
marions…My father age 53yrs old having cholangiocarcinoma(Klatskin Tumor),with hepatic artery involvement.Doctors say it is Type IV.He has been undergone treatment at medanta hospital gurgaon haryana(India), during May this year.That time the MRCP shows the hilar block.The gaestroenterologist that inserted him mettalic stents was Dr. randhir sud.Then they were decided to have surgery to him, but after opening they found that the cancer is unresectable.Then we came back to our home srinagar j&k and then at SKIMS Soura Here,he has undergone chemotherapy 6 cycles of Gemcitabin and cisplatin..during june to september this year…He is now feeling comfortable but here the doctors told us that they can’t give any treatment further..!I wan`t to get your suggestion that what is the further treatment for him.May 22, 2015 at 6:27 am #77424
He was having obstruction in the past but after having metallic stents.He had recovered.This is post stent Complications.Disease was locally advanced having hepatic artery involvement inoperable at the time of surgery .
Thanks and regardsMay 22, 2015 at 6:21 am #77423
He was Admitted yesterday but now we preferred to give palliative care at home.We have consultation to the Doctor Today they are deciding after fever ERCP after that they can finally decide what is the stents situation Now.
Can you Provide me the latest treatments for the Disease.As he is having stomach Pain and probably the doctor says there might be the blockage in the duodenum side due to infection.
Thanks For your Suggestions.May 22, 2015 at 6:17 am #77422
faisal…….what do you mean by locally advanced? Is he obstructed and where? Does he have a stent?
MarionMay 22, 2015 at 6:02 am #77421lainySpectator
Dear Faisel, good to see you but I am sorry about what is occurring with your Father. Usually fever, chills and tiredness can mean that he has an infection and needs immediate attention. I would suggest calling his Doctor or taking him to Emergency at the Hospital . If it is an infection there are prescriptions that have a quick response. Best of luck.May 22, 2015 at 5:25 am #77420
Hello everyone after a long time ! my father diagnosed with cc on 2013 having complications after two years now..He is having recurrent shivering and fever and hardly remains active.I am afraid of his oversleepingness and fever also not having any appetite.
He was stable after the sterotactic radiotherapy but now disease seems to have progressed locally.
Please give me suggestions for the latest treatment options and care for locally advanced cholangiocarcinoma.He is Non smoker,Non alcohalic and not having any diabetes, and High BP.
Any Suggestions Greatly Appreciated..
Thanks and RegardsJune 24, 2014 at 3:23 pm #77419
Hello Everyone!! My father was very well after Cyberknife radio surgery, but from previous week he has been continously on fever and some vomitting.He is like having some weight loss..Please provide some suggestions as latest improvements in the research of advanced Hilar cholangiocarcinoma as i m really scared of his future health..
Thanks and regards.
- The forum ‘Introductions!’ is closed to new topics and replies.