Sophie—-Answer to question one is: Yes
Answer to Question two is: Yes
Answer to Question Three is: Yes
1. I hit a road construction cone with my side view mirror about a year ago when taking this regimen. The cost of a replacement mirror $25.00 from a junk yard. I never go anywhere now unless it is immediately after a good nights sleep or nap, even if it’s a 15 minute power nap. Any distance someone else is always with me or driving if I feel the least bit drowsy.
2. High protien drinks like Ensure really make me alert. And you should be drinking at least two if not three a day.
3. I have taken 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, and right now I’m taking 3 months off to get the feel of my body and where my energy needs to be focused.
Sophie , Your in control and call the shots. If you need a getaway just say doc I’m taking a break and need to delay chemo for a week or two. You need to take time to feel good and happy! In my opinion!
Sophie….I have a booklet from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services National Institute of Health, and the National Cancer Institute. It is called:
Eating Hints for cancer patients, before, during & after treatments. I will see if it can be mailed to you.
Hang in there…we are rooting for you.
I am exhausted. I have never been so tired, and I can’t sleep. I have been too tired to even check out this site. Is it the Xeloda and Gemzar? I run red lights, can only do one chore a day. 3 questions
1) Has somebody else had this experience with Gemzar and Xeloda?
2) Is there a multivitamin someone can suggest to get me going? The doctor did give me a B12 shot, but it didn’t do a whole lot.
3) Does anybody ever say, “Hang it, I want to go somewhere that week so I’m just not going to have my scheduled chemo treatment that week?”