Thanks Genevieve. Great to hear your husband is clear for a long time. It would be good if you let me know the name of the surgeon for your husband. I also joined fb group which is also helpful.
Unfortunately we were told earlier this week my wife is not eligible to join the clinical trial after we have been waiting for a couple of weeks. One of the criteria to join the trial is only 1 type of cancer is diagnosed. Previous CT showed a thyroid node and pathology result we got last week showed it is most likely benign. But the clinical trial team need either black or white answer which is not possible now. The worst thing for us is having wasted a couple of weeks without any treatment.
My wife will start standard chemo next week (Gem/Cis) in Peter Mac Melbourne. Hopefully it will help shrink the tumor.
Yes, biopsy has been done but not for genetics mutations. We will ask for this when we see oncologist this Wednesday. I have been thinking about a second opinion but haven’t seen other oncologist/doctor so far. Thanks for your reminding, we’ll do it ASAP.