leeann

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Folfirinox-clinical trial #63568
    leeann
    Participant

    The study title is a genotype-guided dosing study of mFOLFIRNINOX in previously untreated patients with advanced gastrointestinal malignancies.

    Protocol # 12-0033

    in reply to: port for chemo #58183
    leeann
    Participant

    Hi,
    It’s been a while since my last post. I had a second biopsy done last March and turned out to be nothing which was a good news. However, my last CT shows “poorly defined soft tissue mass interposed between the pancreas and liver, suspicious for recurrent tumor(2.7×3.0x2.1cm). My surgeron and radiologist are not 100% sure if it is cancer tumor, but my ca19-9 is up again to 374. Because of it’s location, biopsy is not an option. As I mention before my ca19-9 has been rising since Jan. but nothing showed on CT,MRI so I was not on any chemo or radiation.

    Finally my onc and I decided it’s time to do something.
    She gave me 3 options.
    option1-chemo Gem+cis
    option2-chemo(oral pill)+radiation
    option3-clinical trial (different hospital)

    So I need your opinions on my choices. I’m meeting with radiology onc today so I’m not sure what type of radiation treatment I’m going to get, but my onc said if I decided to go with choice 2 I’ll be getting lower dosage of chemo.

    I’m not sure which one is going to be the most effective and yet with less side effects. Any opionions?????

    Thanks, LeeAnn

    in reply to: port for chemo #58178
    leeann
    Participant

    Hi,
    Got not so good news today. I had MRI Tuesday and found .9cm nodule along the right hemidiaphragm posterior to the upper pole of the right kidney which wasn’t there before. They are not sure what is it yet, but surgeon is suggesting second look, remove it and more biopsy. My onc wants to wait and get MRI in a month and see if there’s any changes before any treatment. I finally asked her if she’s comfortable treating me. I don’t like to wait and do nothing. She said if I want second opinion she’s totally okay with that idea.

    So when I got home I called University of Chicago and send them all my records. Said he’s going to give it to onc surgeon to review and let me know what they want to do. They have a team of doctors work together, but I only want to see new medical oncologist. I wonder if they going to agree with that..

    My blood works were all good except ca19-9 slightly went up since last visit.
    3/21-218, 3/27-240, 4/17-283

    Any suggestions??

    in reply to: ASCO 2012, Chicago, how grateful we are #57904
    leeann
    Participant

    Hi,
    I live in Chicago and would love to meet you guys for lunch or dinner and share stories. Please let me know.

    in reply to: Stomatitis #59990
    leeann
    Participant

    Hi Lourde,

    I just googled and found this http://www.chemocare.com has information on stomatitis and lots of useful informations.
    Hope your dad feels better soon.

    LeeAnn

    in reply to: port for chemo #58175
    leeann
    Participant

    Lainy, since she wants me to have MRI in 2 weeks I’m going to wait. If MRI doesn’t show anything and tumor marker still high I’m going to get another opinion for sure. Thanks for your feedback.

    in reply to: port for chemo #58173
    leeann
    Participant

    Well, I got a call from my onc last Friday, and said she wants MRI in 2 weeks and go from there… Now that’s driving me crazy!!!!!! No plan of action again.
    Anyone have any idea what could possibly cause my tumor marker to go up? I have no infection and nothing showed up on CT. What can I ask my onc to do to figure out what’s going on? My surgeon thinks that maybe remaining bile duct is shrinking or scar tissue but no cancer. Do I need to seek for second opinion? I just don’t like the idea of doing nothing. Any feedback???

    in reply to: I’m new, mom about to have op #59825
    leeann
    Participant

    Hi Dina,
    I had surgery last November. They took out common bile duct, gallbladder and 60% of my liver. They gave me epidural which helped me a lot in terms of pain control after surgery. I was in hospital for 2 weeks due to slight complications( blood clot on my calf, fever, and pneumonia). Other than that my recovery was uneventful. However, it took me about a month to get my strength and energy back. Also eatting wasn’t fun. I slept a lot and on pain med(norco) for about 2 weeks. They also gave me a large elastic binder to wrap around my waist and slept on my recliner for about a month since I couldn’t lay flat on my bed. I hope that helped your questions.
    I wish your Mom best of luck with surgery and speedy recovery.
    LeeAnn

    in reply to: Successful surgery! #59794
    leeann
    Participant

    Great news!!! Wishing your sister speedy recovery

    in reply to: Surgery is tomorrow! #59695
    leeann
    Participant

    Wishing sucessful surgery and speedy recovery to Virginia.

    in reply to: this may be an odd question… #59707
    leeann
    Participant

    My onc and surgeon checks my belly every visit.

    in reply to: Does anyone have teeth problems? #59681
    leeann
    Participant

    Hi Pam,
    I don’t think chemo casued it. My guess is that she had fixture on her molar due to bruxism. Especially when you are under a lot of stress we tend to clenching more. You might want to ask for a night guard when Lauren sees her dentist. Since it’s kind of expensive and some people have hard time getting used to wearing it, she can try inexpensive ones from walgreen or sporting good store.
    LeeAnn

    in reply to: Experience #59508
    leeann
    Participant

    Lainy,
    She’s the only GI specialist at UIC cancer center and has patients with CC.
    I really like my surgeon and since they both working at the same hospital makes a lot easier to communicate with each other. Also I like that she consults with her peers and open for any sugguestions that I make. It is hard to decide based on just the numbers…

    in reply to: Experience #59506
    leeann
    Participant

    Hi Jim,

    I have been following your post since you’ve been talking about CA19-9.
    My CA19-9 has been going up since Jan. I had sucessful resection last Nov with neg. margings and nodes so we(surgeon,onc, and myself) decided not to do chemoradiation. I had bloodworks every month and 2 CTs. Although nothing showed up on my CTs but the CA 19-9’s been going up.
    Dec. 97
    Jan. 74
    Feb. 121
    March 21, 216
    March 27, 228
    I met with onc. and radiation onc last week. My radiation onc doesn’t want to do anything since there’s nothing to go after and my onc wants to wait on my surgeon to discuss what to do next. My onc also mentioned AGAIN if I want to get a second opinion. Now that makes me wondering if she’s not comfortable treating my case…Anyway she’s going call me back Tuesday after talking to my surgeon. I guess I will decide what to do then…..

    Take care

    in reply to: port for chemo #58170
    leeann
    Participant

    Thanks Lainy and Gavin.

    Met with onc and radio onc yesterday. Bascially they don’t recomm. doing anything yet, since there’s nothing showing up on my CT. My onc wants to consult with my surgeron when he returns from conference. My surgeon mentioned last time poss.biopsy if it doesn’t improve.
    Here’s my CA19-9
    1/11- 74
    2/12-121
    3/12-216
    My onc is also trying to get pre auth from insurance to get pet/ct to see if anything shows. We’ll see…..
    Other than my number I feel gggggreat!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)