Forum Replies Created
Grsharp: actually we r in NY right now looking for a second opinion at the Memorial Sloan Jettering center . No good news again. The tumor with the treatment began to show necrotizing borders . But didn’t shrink . My husband tumor its in a BAD Place . Can’t be remove . Hope u have good luck with the treatment.
Duke hospital North Carolina. He has cc inside the liver main bile duct.. Originally the surgeon said two operation . First embolization . But after having a meeting with a board of Drs. The surgeon it’s opting for just one . No embolization. We are so greatful and of course I’m nervous about it . Tomorrow we will see the surgeon for details . Duke cancer centers it’s a great place . Just for your info my husband never threw up . Not once and also no burns in his body from the radiation given . And still has the same amount of hair . We have a legion of people praying for us . God is Goodall the time. We know we have a long road ahead of us . Wish all people suffering from this disease can have good results from their treatment. I will keep you posted. T Blessings to y’all .
ThanksFebruary 17, 2016 at 4:22 pm in reply to: New scan shows Gem/Cis not working, need new recommendation #85807
Don’t know if this can help but it didn’t help my husband . Actually it grew bigger . He just finished a treatment of radiation and chemo . 5 days a week for 6 weeks . We are waiting 4 weeks before the new scan to see if it works. He’s been treated at Duke in NC. It a very agresive radiation straight to the tumor . I can get the name if u want. Good luck .
Thanks for replying. Yes he had he’s taking zantac twice a day and Carafate oral suspension doesn’t help. It’s so sac art all this symptoms not knowing if treatment is working or not . Thanks again . God bless.
Anyone on intensity radiation modulation therapy and 5-fu -Flurouracil continuous infusion? And what results. Thanks.
Anyone on intensity radiation modulation therapy and 5-fu flu touracos continuous infusion? And what results. Thanks
Krisooj thanks for the info . I feel more hopeful after reading your story. We are so new at this and I have so many question that I don’t know how to start. He’s starting his second week on radiation plus chemo . Praying this time will work or at least he can have more time. Best wishes on your treatment. Thanks
Thanks Tiah for the information . Tiday was his 3rd treatment. Hoping for the best!
His tumor is close to the portal vein and veba cava . That’s why they said can’t operate until tumor shrinks.
He had chemo first no radiation . Reason they didn’t want scaring because surgery. He’s having now chemo and radiation for 6 weeks. Chemo on a pump 24 h. And radiation 5 days a week. He’s been treated at Duke cancer center in Nc. Think it’s one of the best . He’s 55 y/o . Was diagnosed this past August . Blood screens are all ok. So far. Not sure what chemo he’s getting now. Will have to read the papers.
Intrahepatic . Gem/cis. It didn’t touch it . 4 treatments it actually grew .December 28, 2015 at 9:34 am in reply to: inoperable, but clean scan at 15 months (now 39 months) #86201
Oh my! So happy for you. My husband has been diagnosed with cc on sept . No. Resectable because where it is . Near porter vein, had chemo but didn’t work. Going for second treatment with chemo and radiation . Praying it work this time. Thanks for sharing.