- Declan Caffrey, 64, of North Falmouth, passed away on Sunday, March 3, 2019 at home surrounded by his family. He was the beloved husband of Bernadette Cahill-Caffrey for 39 years. Born in Dublin, Ireland to James and Julia (Carr) Caffrey. In addition to his wife, he is survived by his daughter, Stephanie Caffrey of Braintree, son, Paul Caffrey of Providence, RI; his siblings: James Caffrey, Timothy Caffrey, May Carr and Bernadette Priestley.
- Declan was a natural leader whose fight, determination, wisdom, and heart were imparted on all fortunate enough to encounter him for any period of time. His commitment was first and foremost to his family, who will remember him as an exceptional husband, father, brother and uncle. An avid dreamer with a vision for a better future with the focus and dedication to translate his dreams into reality. This was manifested in all aspects of his life. His natural business acumen lead to years of success at McGann’s of Falmouth, Leslee Limo, and Seaside Pub on Main in Hyannis. Additionally, he applied this drive and vision to his charitable nature to make an impact on the broader environment around him. A member of the Marine Lodge of Falmouth, he volunteered his time and wisdom to help others in the Falmouth community. His impact could be felt not only in his ability to work with what presently existed, such as his work with the Falmouth Service Center, but also in his vision for what is possible with new initiatives in Masonry. He illustrated his broader vision of a better world that is possible through his creations such as a music program. His other interests included an intense love of sport, particularly Gaelic football. Much like the other aspects of his life, his passion for the sport was not just in playing it but also in training others to play.
- Visiting hours will be held from 4-8PM on Thursday, March 7th at the Chapman, Cole & Gleason Funeral Home, 584 West Falmouth Hwy (Route 28A), WEST FALMOUTH. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10AM on Friday, March 8th at St. Elizabeth Seton Church, 481 Quaker Road, North Falmouth.
- In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation.
If you would like to contribute please click here.
Click here to contribute in the name of Declan Caffrey
If you wish to donate by phone, please call (888) 936-6731 and speak with Laurie Kikel. If you wish to donate by mail, send check to:
- CCF – In honor of Declan Caffrey
- 5526 West 13400 South, #510
- Herriman, Utah 84096, USA