13 months from diagnosis

Discussion Board Forums General Discussion 13 months from diagnosis

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    marions

Lily….I am sorry to hear of the latest developments. There are numerous reasons for the issues your mother in-law is dealing with and it would be difficult to speculate especially, since she is visiting with her physician at this time. You should know shortly. Please, let us know as soon as you find out. We are in this together and we care.
    Hugs and all my best wishes,
    Marion

lilyamongthorns
    Spectator

She doesn’t have a stent. She has never had a bili problem or been ichy or yellow this whole time. She has just had trouble eatting b/c it hurt – like a gallbladder attack and that’s how we found out she had cancer.

I think the chemo has been helping her live longer, but it also seems to be killing her at the same time. Its all so over whelming.

Thank you for your response :)

lainy
    Spectator

Hi Lily. Not sure but she could have an infection. Does she have stents? They get infected so easily. When Teddys temp would spike I would run him right to ER as they would do a blood culture and put him on Levaquin.Usually worked right away.
    She may also need to have the fluid drained as that would make her so much more comfortable. Please let us know what the ONC said and be strong!

lilyamongthorns
    Spectator

Its been a very long time since I have written on this forum, I have forgotten how helpful everyone is!

My MIL has tumor that have spread from her bile duct / liver to her lungs and her spine. She has been on chemo for 13 months and they have just suggested she stop chemo and look into clinical trials.

She weighs 97lbs now. Just this week she started retaing fluid in her abdomin. They gave her lasik (sp) but it didn’t work. She has been unable to go to the bathroom, and then this morning she had blood in her urine and a fever of 100.4….

I’m worried this is a very bad sign…. can anyone tell me if they have experienced anything similar? She is at the drs now and is waiting for a culture to come back to see what is going on, but I’m so anxious I thought I would write here and see what anyone has to offer.

This is all so hard happening right around christmas.

Thank you

Lily

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.