2 years 10 months cancer free!

Discussion Board Forums Good News / What’s Working 2 years 10 months cancer free!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    willow
    Spectator

What an inspiration you are! Wonderful news and I appreciate you sharing it!

lisacraine
    Spectator

Dianne,
    Congrats on the clean scan, this is such wonderful news.
    Lisa

pamela
    Spectator

Dianne,

I just wanted to let you know that I am so happy for you. How wonderful it must be to be told you have a clean scan. All the best to you.

Love, -Pam

dianne-n
    Spectator

Thanks to you all for your comments and well wishes! Regarding my AFP…it is 8.7 and it should be under 6. I read that AFP is used to monitor hepatocellular carcinoma but also can be elevated in benign liver disease. My liver does not look “normal” in scans (it is highly vascular), but no mets. I’ll just keep following Dr. Albert’s orders and hopefully the AFP value will drop. (My liver enzyme levels remain high, and I’m told they probably always will remain high.)
    Susie, I read that you went to Mayo for a consult. I’m wondering if that is where you had your AFP done…and if Dr. Alberts was your oncologist?

lulu07
    Spectator

Dianne…wonderful, wonderful news on the clear scan praying for many more for you! My onc does alpha fetoprotein tests….its more for hepatocelluar carcinoma than CC…..my last level was 24 and if I’m getting it right abnormal is in the hundreds….wish I had more info for you!
    Nancy

marions

Dianne…congratulations on the great scan and the excellent results of the blood work. I agree with Susie, rarely do we see alpha fetoprotein mentioned on this site, post resection. But I would trust Dr. Alberts; he has vast experience with this cancer. Enjoy life, you are in good hands.
    Hugs,
    Marion

jathy1125
    Spectator

Dianne-Congrats!!! Clueless to AFP??!!
    Lots of of prayers for a lifetime of good scans!!!-Cathy

wallsm1
    Spectator

Diane,

I had my AFP measured once, prior to diagnosis when I was told I had an unknown liver tumor. It was normal and no one has checked it since. It doesn’t seem to be very popular in cc patients. Congrats on the clean scan!!!

Susie

Randi
    Spectator

Congrats Dianne!! Here’s to many more clear scans.
    Sorry, don’t know anything about fetoprotein.

lainy
    Spectator

Dear Dianne, you made my weekend! YIPPEE and a BIG Hurrah! Just keep that good news coming! Sorry, I don’t have a clue what fetalprotein is!

dianne-n
    Spectator

I went to Mayo clinic a couple weeks ago and had good scans and blood work. (My resection was 1/5/10.) Yay, still cancer free!!! The only concern my oncologist, Dr. Alberts, had was that my alpha fetoprotein was a bit elevated from 6 months ago so I need to repeat that in 3 months. I don’t hear much mention of that test and I’m wondering if other cc patients have that done routinely? I’m feeling very blessed and am grateful for every day!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Good News / What’s Working’ is closed to new topics and replies.