2 Yr Veteran of Whipple Surgery

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    karen
    Spectator

What fantastic news! You do give us hope. Wishing you and Teddy God’s blessings.
    Karen

isaac

I too had whipple surgery on Sept of 2006. The cancer spread to the liver where I had lesions, the largest being 1.3 centimeters. I took xeloda for almost a year. I have been off xeloda for 3 months and the lesions are not measurable and my tumor markers are stable. just came from the oncologist yesterday. good luck to everyone else with this nasty disease.

carol58
    Spectator

That is great news Lainy!! That’s just what I needed to hear – there is life after cancer.

Carol

jmoneypenny

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing and may your family continue to be blessed with health!
    -Joyce

jeffg

Alright Lainey! Glad to hear positive news for teddy and you. Two years and 75 years of age! If I make it too 55 I’ll promise to take up golfing. The last time I tried, I dislocated my shoulder. Ha! I got a bit more of the green than the ball ouch! Ha!
    God Bless you Both!
    Jeff G.

marions

Thanks for sharing this and continued good health to Teddy.
    Marions

devoncat
    Spectator

Thanks LAiny.
    May your husbands good health continue!!!!!!

Kris

lainy
    Spectator

My husband Teddy has now completed 2 GOOD years after a Whipple Surgery for Cancer of the Bile Duct Valve. He just turned 75 and still working and playing golf. There is hope out there and along with prayers he will continue to do well. I am posting this to give you some of that hope that there is life after Cancer. He continues to see his Oncologist every 3 months along with MRIs every 6 months. Stay strong and believe!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Surgery, Resection & Transplant Treatment Options’ is closed to new topics and replies.