2014 Annual Meeting: Science and Society

Discussion Board Forums Websites 2014 Annual Meeting: Science and Society

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gavin

A huge thanks to all who are going and I know that you will all be so busy, thank you very much for all of your efforts! Hope that you all have a great time, get to meet up with each other and enjoy your meal on Saturday night! Sounds like this will be the busiest ASCO this year and great to hear that the booth will be there as usual! Hope that the location of the booth will be right at the front of the hall again and I’m sure that all who enter the hall will be able to see you all, how could they miss all of you! And yes, I will try and keep up to date with the postings of news as soon as any comes out.

Have a great time and my thanks to you all! Enjoy!

Hugs and thanks to all,

Gavin

willow
    Spectator

I second Lainey’s comment!

lainy
    Spectator

A big thank you to our ASCO group, we so appreciate your time and attention and wish you all safe travel! Especially good to read that Percy will be attending!

marions

Thanks, Gavin. I was just in the process of gathering this information for discussion board information, but can’t keep up with your efficiency.

CCF has exhibit space here as well. Attendants will include:

Barbara (ASCO Advocate Training) and a 7 year volunteer for our organization. In fact, Barbara is one of our pioneers in conference attendance.
    Jason: (Research Advocate Training) and fantastic with information assimilation.
    Unfortunately, we won’t see much of either, Barbara and Jason.

Linda, Rob, Karen, Stella – will alternate manning the booth,
    Stacie’s Donna’s and my schedule is very tight for Saturday and Sunday (meeting with physicians, researchers, pharma. and NCI meetings for me, but we will take time for interaction in the exhibit space as well.

Percy is attending Wednesday and Thursday pre-ASCO sessions focusing on drug development and will meet up with us for dinner on Saturday evening.

As mentioned and much to our welcome surprise, 40 CCA abstracts have been released; all focusing on our disease. This, by far, supersedes anything in the history of ASCO and we are thrilled to see the accelerated research developments for CCA. Exciting news indeed.

ASCO releases information within minutes (so it seems) for publication. We will try to attend as many symposiums as possible in order to report back quickly, but I suspect that our Gavin will beat us to it by scouring the ASCO alerts for most of the information.

Hence, for immediate access to news coming from ASCO, you might want to watch Gavin’s postings.

Hugs,
    Marion

gavin

2014 Annual Meeting: Science and Society.

Video with ASCO president Dr. Clifford Hudis discussing ‘Science and Society’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCFvTi5SVI8

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Websites’ is closed to new topics and replies.