27 and advanced inoperable spread to liver lungs :s

Discussion Board Forums Introductions! 27 and advanced inoperable spread to liver lungs :s

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    wallsm1
    Spectator

Hi Christine and welcome to the site. Sorry you had to join us and sorry it took me so long to welcome you. It seems we are getting so many new members I can hardly keep up with writing welcome posts!! Don’t get me wrong, I love this site and everyone on it is great, but it sure would be nice to not have anyone else diagnosed with this cancer. I don’t know why it seems to be rising.
    Best wishes with your treatment. I am 32, had a big intrahepatic tumor, got a resection, chemo with gem/Cis, Chemo radiation with Xeloda and now back to more chemo. It is not a fun journey and I could name you a million other things I would rather do with my time, but I am so very thankful I am here. I hope your treatment goes well and keep us posted!

Susie

gavin

Hi Byron,

Glad to see you are back again and I am sorry to hear about your stroke. Glad to hear that your doctors were able to do the surgery for you and I hope that you make a very quick recovery. Let us know how you get on and I hope that all goes well with your upcoming chemo.

Best wishes,

Gavin

marions

Byron…..you had us worried. How nice to hear that you are back on the upswing. Keep it up.
    All my best wishes,
    Marion

tiapatty

Byron,

Well, I guess other parts of your body got jealous of all the attention your liver is getting and decided to get in on the action and invite themselves to the party–how inconvenient of them! I am glad you are on the mend, keep us posted.

Patty

pamela
    Spectator

Dear Byron,
    I am so glad to see you back on this site. I was worried about you. I even sent you an e-mail to see if you were ok. I am sorry to hear about your stroke and blockage. I hope you are feeling better. I know you are tough and will be back in the saddle in no time.

-Pam

lainy
    Spectator

OMG! OMG! Byron, I just knew something was a miss and I am sorry to hear this update. Of course I have to say this….how dare a stroke interfere with your CC! Joking aside, I truly hope you are on the mend now and for goodness sake that’s enough! Please feel better fast and it’s so good to see you again.

mustangmort
    Spectator

Christine,
    I also want to add my best wishes. I had started Gem/Cis myself and had 3 treatments before other health emergencies interrupted. (I had a small stroke followed by surgery to remove a blockage in my right carotid artery). I expect to restart with chemo soon. Just want you to know that my prayers are with you and your family as you roll up your sleeves and join this fight. Just give it everything you’ve got.

gavin

Hi Christine,

Welcome to the site. Sorry that you had to find us all but I am glad that you have joined in with us all as you have come to the right place for support and help, and you will get tons of both from us all. I can’t really add much to what the others have said to you already, but I just wanted to stop by and welcome you here. I know that you will have questions to ask, so please, feel free to ask away and we will all do what we can to help in answering them. We are all here for you and please keep us updated on how you are doing. We care.

My best wishes to you,

Gavin

lainy
    Spectator

Dear Christine! Please stop thinking in terms of what you did to promote the CC. Nothing. You did nothing. With that said, I had to giggle about the knitting. Here goes another Lainy story. My Mother-in-law, in the early 60’s age wise and year, got Lukemia. I used to sit with her daily at the hospital and took up knitting. I was knitting myself a Brown Cardigan sweater! I was very diligent and when I had both sides done tried to connect them and found out I knitted 2 left sides. Never picked up the yarn/needles again!
    I know it upsets the patient to see family and friends upset but it’s not your fault. Everyone is not as strong as you.

I asked for strength.
    God gave me difficulties to make me strong.
    I asked for wisdom.
    God gave me problems to solve.
    I asked for prosperity.
    God gave me brawn and brain to work.
    I asked for courage.
    God gave me dangers to overcome.
    I asked for patience.
    God placed me in situations where I was forced to wait.
    I asked for love.
    God gave me troubled people to help.
    I asked for favors.
    God gave me opportunities.
    I received nothing I wanted.
    I received everything I needed.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!

marions

lostsoul….Dr. Knox, Dr. Dawson, and Dr. Sean McCleary, all at Princess Margaret Hospital, are very familiar with this cancer. You are in good hands. Stay strong, stay positive, and stay in touch with us. We are in this together.
    All my best wishes,
    Marion

lost_soul84
    Spectator

Thank you all so muc for our kind words it means alot to me really to go from not knowing anyone with this to hearing all your stories it helps. Im trying to stay strong for my family and friends. Hate to see them upset. It just makes it hard when planning school and stuff now. I can’t go back into hairdessing you don’t realize how bad all the chemicals we use on a daily basis are untill you go through something like this. I guess i know deep down that nothing i did caused it just probably added on to it i guess the inital reaction is what could i have done to avoid this. It helps havng the support of family friends and you guys. I just want to get better and go back to school get my masters and all of that so i have to be strong and fight :) Hopefuly this chemo keeps going well. I had so much discomfort before this i can’t tell which is fom the chemo or not but it seems to be okay unless i eat something really greassy or unhealthy need to look for more healthy recepies :). Was expecting so much worse for chemo you keep hearing how awful chemo is but this combo does not seem to be too bad. It still is my second week next week is my rest and visit with the oncologist. Thank you all again i will keep you update wish you all the best and if you ever need anyone to talk to you can email me since i have alot of free time on my hand when im not knitting and reading haha. Knitting passes the time away you should all try it.

pcl1029

Hi,
    Princess Margeret Hospital in Toronto is the best cancer center in Canada. You are in good hands.
    Gem/cis is the current popular chemo for CCA patients;but there a lot of other choices just in case. Radaition treatments like RFA chemoembo or radioembo are additional choices for treatment of intrahepatic CCA like you have.
    Unlike other cancer,CCA is a long and winding road that requires courage,patience and knowledge to navigate on it due to the high recurrence rate. but don’t worry , you are young and the age factor is on your side.do not give up hope and stay in touch.
    God bless

elsyr73

Dear Lostsoul:

You are not alone, we are all here for you. Sending prayers and hugs to you from New Jersey. Never ever loose hope. You can and will beat this. Don’t loose hope…

Elsy

dianec
    Spectator

Dear Christine — you’ve found your way to this outstanding website where you will receive understanding, support, and a wealth of knowledge. Welcome. Please come here often. I’m sorry you have been slammed so hard, first with your sister’s death, and now with CC.

xoxo
    Diane

tiapatty

Christine,

You have been through a lot already and you seem to be made of some pretty strong stuff. What we all wish for is a cure but early detection would also help, it seems in your case you definitely had symptoms but they could not know until they had progressed.

Others have said it before but you are too young for this but your youth also works in your favor in terms of being able to withstand chemo treatments.

Please keep us updated, we like to keep tabs on everyone.

Patty

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Introductions!’ is closed to new topics and replies.