3 weeks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kvolland
    Spectator

Dear Dshack –
    So sorry you had to find us but we are good family who understand your frustration and anger. It is a horrible disease. I lost my husband just over a month ago just 9 days after we knew his cancer had returned. I am still heart broken and angry at his death.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

KrisV

middlesister1

Dear Dshack,

Yes it is a horrible disease, and there are way too many who when diagnosed, decline quickly. I am so sorry that not only are you and the family going through this, but that it progressed so quickly. I know when Mom was diagnosed, it took a while to even find out what Cholangiocarcinoma was.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We may not have the answers or the right thing to say, but we are here for you,

Catherine

lainy
    Spectator

Dear Dshack, welcome to the best place to be for CC support and I am sorry about your FIL. I have 2 questions for you. Do you know at what stage they diagnosed him at? Also have you thought about a 2nd opinion, we are BIG believers in 2nd and 3rd opinions. Prayers and best thoughts going out to you.

krassi
    Spectator

Dear Dshack,

I am also a newbie to this site, but I’ve been lurking around for some time. It is a horrible disease ,indeed, I am loosing my sister from it at the moment. I don’t think there is a right thing to say at these difficult times, but the last few days on this site have helped me a lot.
    There are many knowledgeable and concerned people here that are always willing not only to give advice but emotional support, as well.
    I pray for him and your whole family,
    Krassi

dshack

I’m new to this site and am thankful to have found you all. My father in law was diagnosed with CC 3 weeks ago and is already in hospice. He had mild jaundice, doc sent him for blood work and CT. Then doc decided he needed a shunt and did a biopsy at the same time. Biopsy confirmed cc and we met with oncologist right away. Oncologist said to get liver drains (which he did 2 days later) then start chemo but tumor was too large for surgery. Everything has gone downhill and the cancer is unrelenting. We keep thinking that he will start to feel a little better then the rug gets yanked out from under us. I can’t believe how fast the decline has happened. He has stopped eating and drinking for the most part. Can’t get out of bed, rarely awake etc. it’s just a horrible horrible disease.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Introductions!’ is closed to new topics and replies.