11/2 yrs later

Discussion Board Forums In Remembrance 11/2 yrs later

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    devoncat
    Spectator

I dont know if this will help, but my dying and leaving Hans terrifies me. I am scared to leave him alone. I talked about it with my psychologist and she pointed to a study that people who lose their loved ones are very likely to find love again. It comforted me to know that he is likely to move on.

I hope this doesnt offend you or upset you, but I am sure your loved ones (like I do for hans) wants you to treasure your love for your lost loves, but not to give up on your futures and finding someone to share your life with. I know it is too soon to think about for some of you, and there is no timeline for grief. But I felt the need to share how relieved I am that after I am gone, statistics show Hans will find someone else and have a happy life despite the pain this cancer causes. I think hope is the most important thing we have to offer…hope for survival, hope for a cure, hope for a peaceful passing, and hope that life goes on.

Please dont be offended or hurt by what I wrote, it was offered in the spirit of hope and kindness.

Kris

magic
    Spectator

Marilyn,I feel the same.I envy particularly the elderly couples.I live in a touristy sort of spot and see these older sightseers everyday,enjoying their retirement and it gives me a pang of sadness quite often Janet

marilyn-dietz
    Spectator

How can it be that it is still so hard? I see other couples my age all the time. I want what I used to have. Life seems so less meaningfull now. I loved what I had, but I want it back. When does life go on for people that have gone through this. I think of my dear husband Tom everyday. I miss our life together. Every day is hard. Thinking of all of you, Marilyn

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘In Remembrance’ is closed to new topics and replies.