2 years clear and its back!

Discussion Board Forums General Discussion 2 years clear and its back!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Randi
    Spectator

Nancy,

You need to start a new thread in the Good News section chica! Because your news is all good!

-Randi-

Hi Nancy,

This is great news! My mom’s name is Lu and she goes by LuLu so I already feel connected to you, best wishes!

Randi
    Spectator

Chica!! I am so excited for you and I know I told you that on FB but I wanted to say it again! You are superwoman and will fly thru this surgery. I can’t wait until you post that your surgery is done, clean margins and all!!

You are always in my prayers and I will be thinking about you especially hard on Aug. 13th and looking for good news from you.

Take care!!
    <3
    Hugs..
    -Randi-

marions

Nancy….I am overjoyed to hear the fantastic news. August 13th will be the most special day for us. The countdown has begun.
    Hugs,
    Marion

lisacraine
    Spectator

Nancy, this is great news. I have had two liver resections and recovered fine. Will be praying for an easy time for you.
    Lisa

nancy246
    Spectator

Dear Nancy, That’s wonderful! Best thing I have read today! Will be thinking of you on the 13th! Rest up and enjoy the beautiful summer days. Hugs. Nancy

pamela
    Spectator

Nancy,

That is such great news. I am so happy for you. Everyone here hopes one day to have surgery to get rid of the cancer. You are one of the lucky ones!!! I hope everything goes well for you and you are left cancer free with clean margins. Yay for Nancy!! Please keep us updated. We love success stories.

Love, -Pam

lainy
    Spectator

Dear Nancy, our own LULU! What a great good news post to wake up to! When I read stable I got excited but when I read surgery I went over the moon. Your cheering section is now gearing up for August 13th. I can only imagine how excited you are. Are we a funny group or not to get excited over words like stable and surgery? Lots of good juju going your way!

lulu07
    Spectator

Hello to all….just wanted to update on what has been going on with my treatment…..I finished 5 cycles of chemo which consisted of Xeloda, Gemzar, Nexavar and Abraxane….not an easy combination for me I think the Abraxane is what I lost my hair from…thought it would be more devastating but they make some very nice scarfs,turbans and hats so that didn’t bother me much. Nexavar caused hand/foot syndrome which is not so nice…rock hard, red, very tender feet and hands…lots of lotion with urea for that which helped but then all the skin peels off…good news symptoms for me at least only lasted 3 to 4 days. My ocologist raised my dose of Abraxane from 125mg to 200mg after 2 1/2 cycles of that I had to ask for him to dial it down back to 125 which he did. I didn’t get out of bed for 6 days after infusion one week. Thats my chemo story…..Went for my CT scan yesterday at Mt Sinai…then I had my visit with my surgeon Dr. Schwartz to check on the 2 lesions that I had….well after reviewing my scan I guess it was good news the chemo kept the lesions stable they did not grow…I figured with how lousy I felt during this chemo cocktail it must be doing something right? I guess its true when the Oncs tell you that you don’t have to experience side effects for the chemo to be working. Dr. Schwartz said that the 2cm lesion did not have a good blood supply so he was not surprised at no growth….he then looked at me and I asked well what can I do now….he said that he would like to operate and remove the lesions…he feels he can get them both with clear margins…I was speechless so my husband chimed in and said oh we are definitely ondboard for that! I did ask about RFA and he explained that the lesions were to close to the hepatic artery and portal vein to risk that. Needless to say I’am feeling extremely blessed today. My surgery is scheduled for August 13th. Thank you to all for the positive thoughts,prayers and just being here…I do follow although I do not post that much. I’am getting a second chance at kicking this cancers butt and I’am going to do all in my power to make it happen! Of course having my family, friends,faith and all of you with me will make me that much stronger. Thank you all!
    Nancy

nancy246
    Spectator

Dear Nancy, Sorry to hear you have a lesion. Sounds like you are in very good hands and getting good advice from those on this board as well. Can’t give you any advice, just want to you to know I am thinking of you and sending postive, healing thoughts. Hugs. Nancy

ronidinkes

Keep us posted and know we are hear for you.
    443-394-6163

love,
    Roni

lulu07
    Spectator

Roni and Percy….Thank you very much…it looks like I have a decision to make. I will call my surgeon and ask why this was not mentioned.
    Nancy

pcl1029

Hi,
    first resection on 5/2009; 2nd resection on 6/2011;
    The size of my lesions are 2.3 and 2.1 cm which is perfect for RFA; I got the 2.1cm ablated by RFA ; But due to the location of the other one is up and abut the diaphragm;it cannot be ablated in the fear of puncture of the diaphragm.
    Therefore the 2nd resection was performed for and only for that reason of location; I strongly recommend Roni’s doctors at John Hopkins for interventional radiologist consult BEFORE the chemotherapy;at least you should
    call the surgeon about the possibility of RFA or even Radioembolization.
    the reason is simple ,you may only stay in the hospital for one day observation; the benefit is huge, that is ,no chemotherapy side effects to endure and no big resection surgery later. Xeloda may be the only thing you will take after the ablation or nothing at all.
    Also, you cannot compare the size of a lesion between PET and CAT;but you can compare the size of the lesions from the same kind of machine.(CAT to CAT and PET to PET); I suspect the one lesion that is located near the cut surface area may not be of anything of importance because of the wording in your report. good luck and

God bless.

ronidinkes

Dear lulu07,

I am so sorry to hear your cancer is back. Has anyone mentioned chemo/ablation?

I work at Johns Hopkins and this physician is excellent if you wish to make an appt. with him:

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/vascular/staff/physicians/geschwind.html

Please keep us posted and let us know if we can help you with anything.

Love and Hugs,
    Roni
    Ronidinkes@yahoo.com

lulu07
    Spectator

Percy
    Thank you very much for the information. This is a brief description of the lesion from my CT scan and then PET scan. CT showed mass lesion left hepatic lobe measuring 2.1 cm similar lesion along inferior aspect of the surgical margin measures 1.1 cm also concerning for malignancy. PET scan showed lesion in the inferior aspect of the liver which corresponds to a lesion seeen on recent CT with SUV maximum 5.0 versus 3.0 in the surrounding liver parenchyma suspicious for metastic disease. Impression on PET states a hypodense large lesion seen on recent CT consistent with recurrent cholangiocarcinoma, the small hypodense lesion seen adjacent to the cut surface of the liver on recent CT is not appreciated on this study. So I don’t know if I’m reading it wrong but to me it seems like the lesion look alot bigger on PET than CT….I don’t know why RFA was not mentioned I do know that my surgeon called my oncologist to discuss his protocol for chemotherapy and I will be having a CT in 3 months…these are all good questions you pose and I will certainly be asking them…I did have intrahepatic CC so again you raise a good point! None of my arteries or bile ducts have any kind of blockage and there is no lymphadenopathy anywhere…Thank God…how long after your first resection did you have the other? Thanks for all the information…I’m starting my first cycle of chemo tomorrow so I will update on the side effects etc..
    @Kris…. I would love to meet with you anytime…praying that your surgery will be soon and a complete success….@Margaret….. Thanks so much for sharing your Toms experience with chemotherapy that is why this board is so unique. Its just the best!
    Nancy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.