2 years today since dad passed away.

Discussion Board Forums In Remembrance 2 years today since dad passed away.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    gavin

Hi Sharon,

Great to hear from you again and see you around here! I hope all is well with you? Yep, 2 years for my dad and your mum. And as you say, it does indeed seem like only yesterday and a lifetime at the same time, very strange and where has all the time gone. We have our memories and time will never diminish them ever. They are and always will be so precious to us. Here’s to my dad and your mum too. Thank you Sharon and you take care too.

Hugs,

Gavin

Hi Gavin

Two years for your dad and my mom… seems like only yesterday and a lifetime all rolled into one. Here’s to our memories, happy and sad. And here’s to both of them, with lots of love.

Take good care.

Sharon

gavin

Thanks Julia. Thinking of you and Susan too.

Hugs,

Gavin

lalupes
    Spectator

Dear Gavin

Thinking of you

XX

gavin

Thanks Gerry!

hollandg

Gavin
    Sorry I missed your post earlier. This is a difficult time for you both and know that you and your Mum are in my thoughts today.

Gerry

gavin

Thank you everyone. And thank you also for your kind words of support. With mum, right now it seems like one step forwards and two steps backwards. One issue clears up a bit then another one comes back again. But she keeps on fighting and getting on. Thanks everyone!

Hugs and best wishes to you all,

Gavin

Randi
    Spectator

I also just read your post Gavin. Sorry to have missed it for so long.

You are a fine tribute to your father. Every day I see your posts on this site to people who are frantically looking to connect with others who have experienced some of what they are going/have gone through. I have experienced your kind words of support myself many times and it has meant so much to me.

I’ll bet your dad is extremely proud of the caring son he and you Mum raised.

Thank you for all you do and I know the memories you have of your father will sustain you.

-Randi-

wallsm1
    Spectator

Gavin,

I’m sorry, I missed this post too. It was such a lovely post and thanks so much for sharing.

I hope things get easier for you and your mum. I appreciate all you do for this board.

Best Wishes,

Susie

tess

Dear Gavin, I just read your post and wanted to touch base and let you know you’re in my thoughts. Those anniversaries are tough and healing… Wishing you peace in the new year.

It’s wonderful that you remain strong as a supporter for this board, you have a wonderful team… we both know what an amazing (and needed) support system they are, and that you have been.

Best to you,
    Tess

andie
    Spectator

Dear Gavin,

I to am sorry I missed your post yesterday. Sending my love to you and your family.

Your Dad will be so proud of you, not only by how you look after your family but also how you look after your cc family too. You have a heart of gold and part of that is thanks to your wonderful Dad.

Take care

Andrea x

pamela
    Spectator

Dear Gavin,

I’m sorry I didn’t see your post yesterday. I’m sure it was a hard day for you and your Mom. It is nice that even though your Dad is gone, you still support everyone that has CC. That shows what a good job your parents did raising such a caring, loving son. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Love, -Pam

lainy
    Spectator

Gavin, beef stew sound great, it has been so cold here!I am wishing for your family to have a wonderful day!

gavin

Thank you all so much for your very kind words, they mean so much to me as always. Yesterday wasn’t the greatest day, but we got through it and in one way it was a good day as I thought so much about dad and all of the great times we had. And no matter what happens in life, memories like that will always be treasured and never forgotten.

Today will be a good day, mums sister is coming over along with my cousin Clare too. So that means that little (well not so much anymore) Elidh will be there and I haven’t seen in her in ages so it will be great to see her again! Plus I know mum will love that as well. Since we have a houseful today, I am making a beef stew with mash, carrots and sprouts. Seeing as Christmas is just around the corner, I thought I’d start early with the sprouts, love em!! Eildih can eat for Scotland now so had to get a load of food in too!

Looking forward to Christmas this year as the last 2 weren’t that great, and I might get the decorations up next week at mums. Although she threw them out after last Christmas as they were starting to look a tad tatty so will need to go get new ones. Any excuse to go shopping!! Thank you all so much.

Much love and hugs to you all,

Gavin

dianec
    Spectator

Dearest Gavin,
    You are a child of wonderful parents who instilled in you love, loyalty, responsibility, empathy, and consideration. Who could ask for more. What a blessing you are to your mother and those around you, including those on this forum.

I am thinking of you.
    Love, Diane

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘In Remembrance’ is closed to new topics and replies.