January 8, 1951 – October 24, 2017
- Georgann Rodgers Kiefer passed from this life at the age of 66 on October 24th, 2017 after a valiant and enduring fight with cancer. She was born January 8th, 1951 to Margaret Sheppard Schirmer and George H “Buddy” Rodgers, who precede her in death. Born in Austin, Texas, Georgann was the youngest of three children and lovingly given the childhood nickname ‘Boopie’ by her family. She graduated from McCallum high school in 1969 and in 1971 she married her husband of 47 years, Stanley D Kiefer. Together they have two children, Brandon Stuart Kiefer and Nicole Margaret Kiefer. Through the years Georgann enjoyed raising cattle and ranching with her family on the Sunset Ranch in Leander, Texas. Friends and family jokingly called her ‘Camp Counselor’ because she spent many summers driving around Lake Travis with a boat full of kids teaching them to waterski, or saddling horses for a ranch ride. Georgann was full of life and energized everyone who met her. She was strong in faith and fierce in her resolve. She loved showing and raising her beloved silky terrier dogs, finishing several champions in show. She worked at O’Chester Learning Center for twenty years teaching preschoolers about her faith with song and sign language where she touched and inspired many young lives, as well as fellow teachers. She loved to travel and see all parts of the country with Stan and the members of the various motorhome clubs they participated in. Wherever she landed in their travels she loved to shop and bring home the ‘treasures’ and ‘bargains’ she found.
- Far above any other interest was her love for her grandchildren, Jana Karla and Kari Ann Kiefer, McKenna Margaret, Kiley Sean and George Stanley ‘Buddy’ Stout.
- Survived by her son, Brandon, and his wife, Kimberly; daughter Nicole; sisters and their husbands, Genny and Dick Kercheville, Janan and Bill Moses, sister and brothers in-law, Crista McCormick, Mark Kiefer, Russell and Sharon Kiefer. Nieces, nephews and friends; Jennifer Parsons, Hollie Worley, Jessica Todd, Brent Kercheville, Jason Malloy, Alex McCormick, Mark McCormick, honorary daughter, Shanna Walker, loving friend, Jill Cole, and so many other cherished family and friends.
- Funeral mass celebrating Georgann’s life and reception to follow will be held Friday, November 3rd at 10:30am at St Mary Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church 6100 Lohman Ford Rd in Lago Vista, TX. In lieu of flowers the family requests donations to the Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation.
If you wish to donate by phone, please call (888) 936-6731 and speak with Laurie Kikel. If you wish to donate by mail, send check to:
- CCF – In honor of
- 5526 West 13400 South, #510
- Herriman, Utah 84096, USA