May 12, 1937 – November 4, 2017
- Surrounded by his family, “Gerry” passed away peacefully at his St. James home in the early morning of Saturday, November 4, 2017, at age 80.
- Gerry was born in Winnipeg and later moved to St. James, where he attended St. James Collegiate and met Carolyn, his wife of 59 years. They married while Gerry was pursuing his Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Manitoba. He started his career working for Underwood McLellan and Associates (later UMA) in Manitoba. Gerry completed his Masters of Science in Engineering at the University of California, Berkeley. On return to Winnipeg, Gerry resumed his career with Underwood McLellan and Associates where he worked as a Transportation Engineer for 40 years.
- Gerry and Carolyn raised their four children in Woodhaven, and Gerry was very involved in the kids’ sports, coaching baseball and hockey and volunteering at the Woodhaven Community Club. They spent summers at Grand Beach, where he and Carolyn built their own cottage from the ground up and made a lifetime of memories.
- In 1987 Gerry and Carolyn returned to California for seven years, where he managed UMA’s Irvine, Orange County office. He also worked in Albuquerque for an extended period. Extremely hardworking and dedicated to his field, Gerry chose work over retirement and in the early 2000s started his own engineering consulting company with Carolyn, GCS Technology.
- We will miss you, Gerry, Dad, Grandpa.
If you wish to donate by phone, please call (888) 936-6731 and speak with Laurie Kikel. If you wish to donate by mail, send check to:
- CCF – In honor of
- 5526 West 13400 South, #510
- Herriman, Utah 84096, USA