September 13, 1961 – October 24, 2018
- On October 24, 2018 a precious member of our community lost a heroic four-year battle with a relentless and painful cancer (an uncommon but increasing bile duct cancer called extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma). Janet was a dedicated employee of Advicent Solutions in Milwaukee, WI, the loving wife to wetland scientist and Waterford High School coach Eric Parker, beloved daughter of Judy and Ernest Zwicke, and a steadfast loving mother and grandmother to Angela, Andrew, Curtis, Dustin, and Sarah. Her smile, casual nature, infectious laughter, and love of her family will be remembered by all who knew her.
- In celebration of Janet’s life and to find a cause and cure of this dreadful disease, we are initiating a fund-raising campaign for the Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation (CCF). In addition to direct contributions to CCF, the Waterford, WI Community has established “Jingle for Janet”, a 3K-5K Walk-Run annual event to be held on December 24 at Waterford Union High School. This event will raise community awareness and proceeds will be going to the CCF on an annual basis.
- In 2019, the Foundation will establish the “Janet Parker Memorial Research Fellowship”. The grant will fund scientists dedicated to understanding the cause and cure of extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma. Priority will be given to studies that lead to earlier diagnosis and increased survival rates. Please consider making a contribution to this important initiative in Janet’s memory. The Parker family and their friends thank you for honoring Janet’s memory by accelerating research for this devastating disease.
- Friends of the Parker Family
If you wish to donate by phone, please call (888) 936-6731 and speak with Laurie Kikel. If you wish to donate by mail, send check to:
- CCF – In honor of
- 5526 West 13400 South, #510
- Herriman, Utah 84096, USA