Mark James Ferguson
February 26, 1963 – May 13, 2017
- Mark James Ferguson, 54 passed away, on Saturday, May 13th, 2017 at Tacoma General Hospital, he was in declining health since being diagnosed with Cholangiocarcinoma (Bile Duct Cancer), in February 2017. He was born, on February 26, 1963, to the late Mary Ellen McCormack-Ferguson and the late DeWitt Lee Ferguson in, Redding CA. He was married to his beloved wife, Cynthia (Cindy) Anne Ferguson for 28 years and 11 months, who resides in Tacoma, WA, who survives. He was a humanist, atheist, graphic designer, political activist, writer of fantasy books an artist and illustrator of mythical creatures, places and real animals. For the last 7 years, he managed the home and rental property, by maintaining the property or renovating the house when new tenants moved in. He was active in his community through the Lincoln Area Watch Group, which is a member of Safe Streets, he enjoyed working with the neighbors and CLO’s (community liaison officers) to ensure our neighborhood was safe for everyone. In the late 1990’s he was instrumental in creating a law in California to fight SPAM and in getting the law upheld in the Superior Appellate court, this lead to nationwide changes in anti-SPAM laws. He had a passion for drawing, writing, genealogy and science, loved Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Superhero movies and TV shows of similar genres. He had worked as a temporary mail carrier, furniture delivery driver, appliance installation and delivery driver, Millwright apprentice, Green Chain puller, Landscape foreman and other assorted labor positions. He cherished and adored his wife, was devoted to being the best brother and friend to his younger brother and younger sister even when it could be difficult. He loved his nieces and nephews, cousins, aunts and uncles, great nieces and great nephews, and sisters and brothers in-law.
- In addition to his wife, survivors include half-brother Leslie W. Noah of Texas; sister Colleen R. Ferguson of Salkum, WA; brother John L. Ferguson and his wife, sister in-law Patricia A. Martin, of Tacoma, WA; Aunt Carol Greene-Ferguson of Klamath Falls, OR; cousin Samantha J. Greene of Klamath Falls, OR; cousin Virginia K. Greene-Clark; cousin Bonnie L. Greene-Mackenstadt-Johnson; cousin Michael K. Greene of Ethiopia, Africa; Aunt Marilyn Ferguson-Carter and her husband, Uncle Al Carter, both of Redding, CA; cousin Traci Carter; cousin Danny Carter; Uncle Bert McCormack and his wife, Aunt Barbara McCormack, of Enterprise, OR; Uncle Roy A. McCormack and his wife, Aunt Joanne McCormack, of Central Point, OR; Uncle Robert T. McCormack of AZ; Uncle William A. (Tony) McCormack of Hillsboro, OR; and a host of friends and more relatives including the Galloways, Hesketts, Lightners, (Leitners), Sassers, Southwicks, and Weavers, throughout California, Louisiana, Nebraska, Oregon and Washington.
- In addition to his parents, Mr. Ferguson was predeceased by his older brother Marshall L. Ferguson; cousin Deborah F. Greene-Hill-Echols; paternal grandparents Glenn E. Ferguson and Jewell Talmage-Ferguson; maternal grandparents Roy A. McCormack and Mary E. Galloway-McCormack; Aunt Barbara L. McCormack-Gage; Aunt Ruth A. McCormack-Edwards; and Aunt Susan C. McCormack.
- A gathering to join in the Celebration of Mr. Mark James Ferguson’s life will be held at The STAR Center, in the Voyage Studio, at 3873 South 66th Street, Tacoma, WA 98409, on August 12th 2017 between 2:00pm and 4:00pm, finger foods and non-alcoholic beverages will be served. Please contact Cindy Ferguson via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP by July 20, 2017. If you cannot attend and you would like to help please make a donation to: www.cholangiocarcinoma.org, in Mark James Ferguson’s name.
- Mark will be greatly missed.
Click here to contribute in memory of Mark
- If you wish to donate by phone, please call (888) 936-6731 and speak with Laurie Kikel.
- If you wish to donate by mail, send check to:
- CCF – In Memory of Mark James Ferguson
- 5526 West 13400 South, #510
- Herriman, Utah 84096, USA