January 17, 1965 – September 16, 2018
- Patricia M. Corcoran, 53, wife, mother, stepmother, JaJa, and dear friend to all, passed away peacefully at her home on September 16, 2018 surrounded by her husband and four daughters.
- Patty was born January 17, 1965 in Olney, IL, the daughter of Lewis Samuel Stoltz, Jr and Marlene (Lydle) Stoltz. Patty married Patrick Corcoran on January 19, 2001. He survives her. Patty grew up in Claremont and attended Claremont Grade School, East Richland High School, and Olney Central College.
- Patty was diagnosed with intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma in February 2011 and spent seven and a half years battling the cancer and mentoring thousands of other patients in their treatment options. She ministered to many through her blog: Patty’s Journey of Faith.
- Patty was an avid traveler; she especially enjoyed the ocean and the beach. She was a cappuccino and coffee lover who liked having lunch with her friends. She also took pleasure in growing a flower garden, biking, kayaking, and taking long walks. She wrote and illustrated three children’s books along with several greeting cards and numerous paintings. She found great joy in donating paintings for charitable causes.
- Patty was a field worker for the Embarras River Basin Agency for 18 years in Olney. She was proud to have started and organized the Feeding To Heal program providing lunch to chemotherapy patients at Carle Richland Memorial Hospital.
- Patty was a devoted “JaJa” to her eight grandchildren. She loved teaching them to paint and reading them the books she had written.
- Memberships included Richland County Relay for Life Committee, VFW Auxiliary, the Richland County Farm Bureau, and the St. Joseph Catholic Church in Olney. She was a research advocate for The Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation and an inspiration to many.
- She is survived by her husband, Patrick Corcoran; daughters, Jennifer Cummins-Zuber (Bartley), Amy Rusk (Rylan), Samantha Foust (Chris), and Leslie Funk (Rhett); step-children, Tom Corcoran and Kate Corcoran; eight grandchildren, Grady & Chandler Foust, McKenna & Kinnick Funk, Braeda & Madden Rusk, Amity & Georgianna Zuber; mother, Marlene Stoltz; and siblings, Sarah Teeven, Benny Stoltz, Frank Stoltz, Larry (Sheila) Stoltz, and Lisa (Ritchie) Syfert; and several nieces and nephews.
- She is preceded in death by her father, Lewis Stoltz, Jr. and brother, Lewis Samuel Stoltz III.
- Memorials can be made to The Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation
- A visitation will be held from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM on Thursday, September 20, 2018 at the Kistler-Patterson Funeral Home in Olney. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10:00 AM on Friday, September 21, 2018 at the St. Joseph Catholic Church in Olney with burial following in St. Joseph Cemetery in Olney.
If you wish to donate by phone, please call (888) 936-6731 and speak with Laurie Kikel. If you wish to donate by mail, send check to:
- CCF – In honor of
- 5526 West 13400 South, #510
- Herriman, Utah 84096, USA