October 24, 1955 – May 8, 2018
- On May 8, 2018, our beautiful wife, mother, sister, aunt, grandmother and friend, Roberta Miller, lost her courageous twenty-seven month battle with Cholangiocarcinoma (a rare bile duct cancer). Roberta was at home surrounded by her husband, Michael, daughter Janice, sons Robert and Mike, son-in-law Thomas, as well as her fur-babies Nani and Pablo. Roberta was an enrolled member of the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians, and worked for the Muckleshoot Tribe (Casino) for over 22 years. She has one grandchild, Cassandra, who lives in Texas.
- Roberta was always one to give a lending ear, or advice, and if you gave her a compliment on her scarf or earrings, chances are she would go to the store and buy that exact item and give it to you as a gift. If someone was in need she was always willing to do what she could to help them out. These are some of the qualities that Roberta instilled in her children, but the one quality that they embraced the most was her strength. When she was given her diagnosis in 2016, she was given a 6-12 month prognosis. Roberta smiled, looked the doctor in the eye and said “You don’t know me, I will be here for longer than that”. When she would tell people she was diagnosed with Cancer she hated the common response of “I am so sorry” and she would say “Don’t be sorry, tell me to be strong; I will beat this”. Roberta was always positive, but occasionally behind closed doors she would remove her brave face and shed a few tears, but like other strong women; she would shed those tears, dust herself off and start all over again. She was a warrior. Roberta loved people, she was a giver and lived by the creed: “Do everything with a good heart, expect nothing in return, and you will never be disappointed”. If you were her friend, she considered you family.
- On behalf of the Miller family, we want to say Thank You to everyone who has wrapped us with love and kept Roberta in your thoughts & prayers during her courageous battle. In lieu of flowers, please consider making a donation in honor of Roberta to the Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation.
If you wish to donate by phone, please call (888) 936-6731 and speak with Laurie Kikel. If you wish to donate by mail, send check to:
- CCF – In honor of
- 5526 West 13400 South, #510
- Herriman, Utah 84096, USA