Cholangiocarcinoma Awareness Month Highlights 2023
Awareness Month 2023 was the most impactful yet! Thank you to all who participated in Cholangiocarcinoma Awareness Month this past February! You spread awareness, hope, support, and love. Here is a glimpse of some of the results we saw:
- Light it Green requests submitted in all 50 states and at least four additional countries
- 41 structures lit green across 19 states and internationally
- 150+ homes lit green
- Proclamation requests submitted in all 50 states
- Proclamations declared February as Cholangiocarcinoma Awareness Month in 25 states and 15 cities
- 150 free lightbulbs and yard signs distributed thanks to Taiho Oncology
- $85,792 raised from 883 donors
- 10,527 website page views
- 33,700+ in Facebook engagement from 101 posts with 307K impressions
- 7,500+ in Instagram engagement from 58 posts with 17,600K impressions
- 34,500+ impressions on Twitter
The Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation (CCF) celebrated awareness month with its Light it Green for CCA campaign. The campaign invited the cholangiocarcinoma community to spread awareness of bile duct cancer by lighting homes and local buildings green and declaring proclamations to recognize Cholangiocarcinoma Awareness Month. CCF's #GreenforCCA campaign also received hundreds of posts across Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. We loved seeing your homes and local buildings illuminated green for awareness! Explore the hashtags below to see everyone who posted their pictures.
Volunteers and community members from across the country pledged and successfully illuminated landmarks, buildings, and homes green on World CCA Day as a part of the Foundation’s Light it Green for CCA initiative. More than 150 homes and buildings were lit #greenforcca across the globe.
Together, with your help, $85,792 was raised from 883 donors that is earmarked to help fund a variety of patient initiatives, including new patient resources and critical research.
With a record number of official proclamations declaring February as Cholangiocarcinoma Awareness Month, and chatter across social media platforms and beyond, CCF is proud to say that Cholangiocarcinoma Awareness Month 2023 was a success!