leeann

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: port for chemo #58167
    leeann
    Participant

    Got a bad news yesterday. Antibiotics took care of liver infection, but CA19-9 is now in 200’s. I’m not sure what’s going on. Marker is going up slowly since the surgery but CT shows nothing. I’m going to meet with my onc and radiation onc. today. I guess they’re going to talk to me about dreaded chemoradiation.

    in reply to: swimming with capped tube? #58750
    leeann
    Participant

    Grover, glad to hear you are doing well. After my surgery I had a difficult time getting in and out of bed thanks to 27 staples across my ab. So they gave me a binder to wrap around my entire mid section. It’s kind of what you are using to replace tape except bigger. It made much easier to move around.

    Betsy, I was allow only quick shower with tube. But I was scare of getting wet I had plastic wrap around when I was in the shower.

    in reply to: embolization on monday #58275
    leeann
    Participant

    Hi Kris,
    I also had a hard time laying on my back after surgery so I went to bed bath and beyond and got myself wedge pillow. It helped a lot. Hoping for speedy recovery.
    LeeAnn

    in reply to: Less Than 48 hours #58217
    leeann
    Participant

    GOOD LUCK GROVER!!!!

    in reply to: Ct scan #58190
    leeann
    Participant

    Susie,
    Praying for a clean CT!!!!

    in reply to: jaundice #56951
    leeann
    Participant

    Dear mcf,

    Sorry to hear about Sheila. I was jaundiced and bili level was up to 19 and had 2 stents placed before surgery. At first they were internal but wasn’t draining fast enough so they added external drain which helped me a lot.
    Wish you and Sheila best of luck.

    LeeAnn

    in reply to: port for chemo #58164
    leeann
    Participant

    Susie, Holding off on chemo for now. After CT I met with my surgeon today.
    He said I have liver infection, which I had no idea, could’ve caused marker to go up and CT was clean. So he suggested antibiotics for 3 weeks and check bloodwork again. My onc agreed to my surgeon….I think my surgeon is in charge of me(hehe). He’s very familiar with CC and experienced surgeon so I’m okay with that. I was all worked up about chemo and reading about it for hours, I think I might get some sleep tonight.
    Thank you everyone for your inputs and kind words……

    LeeAnn

    in reply to: Hey Percy, could you please give us your expertise? #58127
    leeann
    Participant

    Pam, thanks for bring it up and Percy, thank you for posting the list.

    in reply to: PET scan denails? #46523
    leeann
    Participant

    Same problem here. I was schedule for pet/ct and ct tomorrow but got a call saying that insurance denied pet/ct. They(imaging center who works for insurance) talked to my onc and approved ct only and based on ct result they will evaluate again for pet. Another delay tactics from insurance company…

    in reply to: Dandeline #57572
    leeann
    Participant

    Thanks Eli for your info.
    I guess I need to do more research before trying what everyone’s telling me what’s good for me.
    Out of desperation sometimes we do try anything :( don’t we? ……

    in reply to: embolization before resection #57716
    leeann
    Participant

    Good Luck Kris.

    in reply to: Big day! #58101
    leeann
    Participant

    Derin, Dr. Javle is the recomm chemo.

    Tiff, I told my oncologist about dr.Javle. She had interview with him and said that it’s their standard treatment -chemo after resection even with negative margin.

    Funny thing is that my surgeon is still recomm chemo even with my last bloodwork showing that tumor marker has gone up since surgery.

    I guess that could change depends on pet/ct this friday

    in reply to: Big day! #58097
    leeann
    Participant

    Hey Derin,
    I emailed him few weeks ago and he recomm chemo, too.

    in reply to: Hi #57257
    leeann
    Participant

    Thanks you everyone for your support. I feel much better today since I had some time to digest.

    Eli, I agree with you. At least, now she’s going to stay on top of it instead of looking at the data only.

    Curious to see what kind of chemo cocktail they have in mind…..

    in reply to: Hi #57252
    leeann
    Participant

    Hi,
    I was feeling almost back to normal (physical and mental) but I got a call from my oncologist to come in for blood work. It’s been 6 weeks since last ct and blood which were normal so she wanted to see me in 6 month to follow up.
    I was wondering and worrying why she wants to see me so soon. So I went last Friday for blood work and met with oncologist. She said she saw 2 new patients last 2 week with recurrent CC and wants to compare tumor maker since last check up and not to worry. Well I got a call Monday and said my tumor maker has gone up from 74 to 121 and wants me to get new pet/ct and start chemo and radiation. What the heck happened? Last Dec. was 97 and Jan. was 74. So I have appt for pet/ct and ct this Friday and Monday they are going to put port and Tuesday I’m meeting with radiologist and oncologist.
    My head is spinning so fast and don’t know what to think anymore. I thought I was lucky one with sucessful surgery with clean margin and no need to get chemo. I have been so worry for last 2 days and things are happening way too fast. Now I have more anxiety than the day before the surgery. Ahhhhh I wish this whole thing would just go away.
    Thanks for listening.
    LeeAnn

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)