November 17, 1936 – October 17, 2017
- On October 17, 2017, our mother lost her year-long struggle with cholangiocarcinoma, a rare type of bile duct cancer. She was a smart, funny, stoic, stubborn, and tough old cookie to the end.
- Barbara was born and raised in the midwest, but eventually moved to California with her husband and two children. She was an ardent employee of Redwood National and State Parks for over 30 years and a valuable member of the Del Norte community. She gave her family nothing but deep and abiding love and was a compassionate, caring friend to many people throughout her life.
- We Pfahning’s would like nothing better than to kick this cancer to the curb. Please consider making a contribution in our mother’s memory to advance research for this devastating and fatal disease.
- In Love and Gratitude,
Valeri Pfahning, daughter
Marc Pfahning, son
If you wish to donate by phone, please call (888) 936-6731 and speak with Laurie Kikel. If you wish to donate by mail, send check to:
- CCF – In honor of
- 5526 West 13400 South, #510
- Herriman, Utah 84096, USA