The Conquer Cancer Foundation of ASCO is now accepting applications for the 2016 Young Investigator Award (YIA). The YIA is a one-year, $50,000 grant that provides research funding to promising physicians who are planning an investigative career in clinical oncology. The award is targeted towards physicians in their final years of oncology subspecialty training.
For 2016, The Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation, CCF, has funding for early-career researchers who are interested in cholangiocarcinoma research.
The YIA is designed to encourage investigators early in their careers by promoting the development and conduct of high-quality cancer research. Potential topics must have a clinical research focus. Research proposals in all oncology subspecialties and emerging disciplines are considered for funding. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to, breast cancer, cholangiocarcinoma, kidney cancer, leukemia, pediatrics, sarcoma, cancer prevention, health disparities, and palliative care.
The application deadline is September 24, 2015.
Recipients will be announced in April 2016.
For a full explanation of the eligibility and application requirements, view the Request for Proposals.
Please note the following:
- Applications from outside the United States are welcome
- Applicants must be ASCO members or must submit a membership application with the grant application
- All applicants are required to have a mentor
- Applications must be completed in English and submitted online
- Prospective applicants can submit questions by e-mail to email@example.com.