May 6, 1954 – February 21, 2018
- Rodney “Rod” Jon Wells of Rockingham, VT passed away Feb 21st in Port Charlotte, Florida after a 3 year battle with Cholangiocarcinoma, or bile duct cancer.
- Rodney was born in Lebanon, NH on May 6, 1954. He graduated from Hartford High School in 1972 and obtained his master electrician’s license in both Vermont and New Hampshire. He worked in many electrical construction and maintenance positions over the years, most recently as an electrician for the Vermont State Parks, retiring in 2015 due to his health. Family members often remarked that you couldn’t ride around the Upper Valley area with Rodney without him pointing out places where “I wired that building” or “I did some wiring there once”. Rodney will be remembered most for his sense of humor and his willingness to help others. He was an electrician by trade, but was handy in many other areas, and the one family and friends knew they could count on for help. This continued even when the disease limited what he was physically capable of.
- As he battled his disease over the last three years he was often frustrated by the lack of attention given to this rare cancer and the lack of research funding for it. For this reason, the family is requesting donations made in Rodney’s memory to The Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation. Funds donated will be used for education, research and advocacy to find a cure for bile duct cancer.
If you wish to donate by phone, please call (888) 936-6731 and speak with Laurie Kikel. If you wish to donate by mail, send check to:
- CCF – In honor of
- 5526 West 13400 South, #510
- Herriman, Utah 84096, USA